AmCon Prescription Check

In the Med Supp kit is a form for Electronic Check Authoriztion. You can fax a copy of the check if the applicant signs the form. It'll be treated as an EFT if you don't call and have them switch to direct bill. I've used it a couple of times for quarterlies and didn't have to mail it in. You're supposed to destroy the check once it's received by the Home Office.

They don't put one of those in the FE folder. I just called and asked if we could use it for FE and they couldn't see why not, but wouldn't say for sure without talking to the Home Office, which is closed today.

That form is in the FE kits now. Or it is in mine. I've never used it though.

My bag is set up different. I have those 3 ring binders and everything in those plastic sleeves. An ACI folder wouldn't fit.

On the asking if we signed the HIPPA, I got an email saying they would ask, but it didn't matter if the client said yes or no. That was fine for last week, but this week they had to say yes or it stopped the interview altogether.

My bag is set up different. I have those 3 ring binders and everything in those plastic sleeves. An ACI folder wouldn't fit.

On the asking if we signed the HIPPA, I got an email saying they would ask, but it didn't matter if the client said yes or no. That was fine for last week, but this week they had to say yes or it stopped the interview altogether.

I used to use those bag/satchels with the 3 ring binders. I ended up taking them out because I couldn't hold as much(like the folders). I finally started buying them without the rings.

I like that Trinity/FBL does that too. Their kit has everything you need. I wish all companies did that.

Agreed. It makes life a lot easier. Especially when working multiple states like you and I do. It's a pain keeping all that stuff separate.

Getting a bag for each state has made it so much easier for me too.

With regards to the two-year contestability period, I'm not sure if these FE companies operate the same way, but I can speak from personal experience when my wife passed away 5 1/2 years ago when she was 1 1/2 years into a term policy from Americo. They paid the claim but it took about 4 months before they were able to get all of the doctor records they needed to make a decision. I think most companies within the first two years will do an investigation and request medical records as well. Guess the question becomes can these folks do without their death benefit for up to 4 months or longer while an investigation is done.

With regards to the two-year contestability period, I'm not sure if these FE companies operate the same way, but I can speak from personal experience when my wife passed away 5 1/2 years ago when she was 1 1/2 years into a term policy from Americo. They paid the claim but it took about 4 months before they were able to get all of the doctor records they needed to make a decision. I think most companies within the first two years will do an investigation and request medical records as well. Guess the question becomes can these folks do without their death benefit for up to 4 months or longer while an investigation is done.

Sorry about your wife.

As for the companies contesting, yes, they will contest every contestable claim. That will delay payment.

Latest posts

Back