Americo's NEW Nonsmoker Rates For Smokers

Had to necro this one because I ran across it today. Guy was two years into an Eagle Premier, still smokes. We called Americo and the person on the phone said she does not have the information for what his new death benefit amount will be, nor his new premium. I found this in their agent guide and it was pretty jarring. Someone in here gave an example of $24k dropping to $18k. I hope he didn't tell any clients that. Anyhow, we got him fixed up with something affordable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 6.02.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 6.02.13 PM.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 16
Had to necro this one because I ran across it today. Guy was two years into an Eagle Premier, still smokes. We called Americo and the person on the phone said she does not have the information for what his new death benefit amount will be, nor his new premium. I found this in their agent guide and it was pretty jarring. Someone in here gave an example of $24k dropping to $18k. I hope he didn't tell any clients that. Anyhow, we got him fixed up with something affordable.

Did you replace it?

What was the new rate and DB compared to the Americo?

Yes. As of today he's paying about 15% more compared to the Americo premium for the same DB. In 11 months he will be paying, based on that example, about 40% less than the Americo premium.
Based on the age 65 rate you showed, both Mountain Life and Standard Life and Casualty would be less than their initial premium.

why the secrecy with the carrier?? hilarious.. who did you use.. we are here to learn??

never even heard of the above carriers.. mountain and standard..

why the secrecy with the carrier?? hilarious.. who did you use.. we are here to learn??

Mountain Life is a regional company, not in your area. Standard Life and Casualty is a price buster that is used by many FE agents.

Based on the age 65 rate you showed, both Mountain Life and Standard Life and Casualty would be less than their initial premium.

No secrecy, it just doesn't matter. I promise, whoever you use as your go to for smokers would have killed their rate.

Back