anastrozole med supp

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a client who has to take this as maintenance from previous cancer in 2014

I did get her approved with this med on Cigna in 2017

Now I am getting decline on Aetna for this med

So what's the deal which carriers will accept as maintenance and which wont?

I checked a couple of carrier drug lists . . . the drug is a hormone treatment to lower estrogen levels . . . technically it is not a cancer drug but because it is used as a preventive following breast cancer, carriers are calling it a cancer drug.

I didn't check all my carriers but Aetna, Anthem & Human have some of the more comprehensive Rx decline lists and anastrozole was on their lists.

You may have to look at a 2nd tier carrier that is new to the market and hungry if you want to move her. The "big boys" don't want any part of an applicant using anastrozole.

I checked a couple of carrier drug lists . . . the drug is a hormone treatment to lower estrogen levels . . . technically it is not a cancer drug but because it is used as a preventive following breast cancer, carriers are calling it a cancer drug.

I didn't check all my carriers but Aetna, Anthem & Human have some of the more comprehensive Rx decline lists and anastrozole was on their lists.

You may have to look at a 2nd tier carrier that is new to the market and hungry if you want to move her. The "big boys" don't want any part of an applicant using anastrozole.

For her she will Keep on Cigna, Premium not bad for 5 years on it

Just that she explains its normal after breast cancer, I am sure I will run into again, And eventually I will need to move her

So I am looking for better understanding Clearly some will look at it as maintenance as I got her approved Cigna in 2017 as over 2 years cancer free, So I was confused on why I am getting declined now

I know for instance most carriers will accept maintenance meds for stent with the exception of UHC

So I thought it would be the same here but clearly not all do

Latest posts

Back