anastrozole med supp

Clearly some will look at it as maintenance as I got her approved Cigna in 2017 as over 2 years cancer free, So I was confused on why I am getting declined now

One thing I have noted is this. Underwriting with established carriers has tightened considerably over the last 3 years or so.

More underwriting questions vs 5 years ago. Also, some questions have a longer lookback than before.

Longer, more inclusive Rx list.

Bottom line, getting someone approved 5 years ago does not mean automatically approved now. Too many things have changed.

I personally avoid carriers that have not been in Georgia, under the same name, for at least 5 years.

Cigna had the "hot hand" in Georgia about 5 years ago. Low rates, taking almost anyone who could fog a mirror. They are still around but rates are among the highest in the state.

CSG is almost useless when looking for carrier tenure in the market. They show Medico as 30 years in the market but they entered (or perhaps re-entered) the market here in August, 2021 . . . essentially making them a new carrier.

National Health (Allstate) supposedly has been in the Medigap business 57 years but new to Georgia as of 4/2022. MOO has 56 years in the market but only 2 or 3 in Georgia.

It is against my general nature to concentrate business with a handful of carriers but if I chase the hot offers my clients get burned in 3 to 5 years.

Lumico hit the market here a few years ago . . . strong rates then disappeared and now they are back as Elips. They are backed (owned?) by Swiss Re which is a strong, well known reinsurance carrier . . . but Swiss Re doesn't issue the paper or manage the block, they just take most of the risk. Policyholders are getting an Elips policy, not one from Swiss Re.

Swiss Re could sell Elips or put them in storage and let the block deteriorate.

The Medigap market is getting to be like the stop loss market was 20 years ago . . . so many carriers getting and jumping out . . . there is almost no stability except with established, long term players.

Lumico will take it.

That's now Elips, I never sold them I mentioned Lumico one time back when they first came out, Got who what No, Then the next day saw someone posts they got a lot of declines on them so I havent pushed it

Dont even know If I am still contracted its been a few years

Do You get much push back on the name, Elips seems even harder the lumico, But they have had some decent pricing as of late

That's now Elips, I never sold them I mentioned Lumico one time back when they first came out, Got who what No, Then the next day saw someone posts they got a lot of declines on them so I havent pushed it

Do You get much push back on the name, Elips seems even harder the lumico, But they have had some decent pricing as of late
Not at all. Both names are on the brochure, along with Integrity and it mentions Elips is part of Swiss RE.

I just started using them more. I haven't had any problems with them. I'm seeing that they have the most lenient underwriting of the carriers in my bag. They're fine with maintenance drugs. I recently had 2 ladies approved that take Anastrozole. Just has to be over 24 months since last cancer treatment.

They have the instant approval and security question signature like Aetna.

I've noticed that a lot of agents who complain about declines, don't know how to underwrite. If you don't have the Toolkit, you have to realize that in addition to the health questions on the app, you also have to look at the UW Guide which lists additional reasons for declines.

I've noticed that a lot of agents who complain about declines, don't know how to underwrite. If you don't have the Toolkit, you have to realize that in addition to the health questions on the app, you also have to look at the UW Guide which lists additional reasons for declines.

Yea meant to start free trial putting on list for first thing in the morning

Back