Another FMO to Avoid

Senior Services of North America is another FMO to avoid they make it IMPOSSIBLE to get a release. The owner is a real difficult to work with.

Senior Services of North America is another FMO to avoid they make it IMPOSSIBLE to get a release. The owner is a real difficult to work with.

Where are they based out of? Start a new thread with setting like...Senior Services of North America Not Releasing Agents

Has anyone Heard of this Eric Bellaire Agency

I'm new to the business and was recruited by this agency but want some advice on it? Does anyone have any insight on him good or bad, they are are of Florida?

Thanks

Montel

Re: Has anyone Heard of this Eric Bellaire Agency

I'm new to the business and was recruited by this agency but want some advice on it? Does anyone have any insight on him good or bad, they are are of Florida?

Thanks

Montel

That guy is with the NAA. I've never been involved with them, but many others say they're an Agent Killer outfit. They churn and burn agents like fry cooks at Burger King.

Hello- I saw your list of FMOs to avoid but do you have a list of FMOs that you would recommend?

I am in a captive agent in South Florida who is interested in going independent.

Hello- I saw your list of FMOs to avoid but do you have a list of FMOs that you would recommend? I am in a captive agent in South Florida who is interested in going independent.

Plenty of good FMOs/IMOs out there ...

What are you looking for?

Training? Contracts? Leads?

You might want to shop around a bit.

Hello- I saw your list of FMOs to avoid but do you have a list of FMOs that you would recommend? I am in a captive agent in South Florida who is interested in going independent.

It's very easy to separate the good ones from the ones you shouldn't consider. Most agents simply respond to spam emails or offers of free leads, etc. and find themselves in bad situations. But you should have a MUST have checklist that is required.

1. Release when you want. If they do not grant releases to agents who ask (most don't) that should be the #1 knock out question. IMOs who grant releases MUST keep their agents happy after they are signed up. It's too easy for the agent to leave if we don't. IMOs who don't allow releases do not have to try very hard to keep the agents happy because the agents can't easily escape.

2. Commissions- does the IMO have a commission grid that they will offer you showing 1st year and renewal commissions for ALL companies? Get this BEFORE signing anything. Verbal agreements get you into bad deals. Getting the commission on one or two companies and signing up opens the door to having to fight on later companies to get a good deal. I've seen it all. The only reason an IMO won't make it easy for you to see commission levels for every company is because they don't want to be compared to your other options. They want it to be like a poker game where they hold some cards back to screw you. You hold the cards BEFORE you sign anything. You want the commission grids you are offered for EVERY company. This is a basic request and the IMO has it at his fingertips. If they act like you are way out of line asking, move on.

3. Any special lead programs? Find out what they offer then come to the forum and read up on it. If it's good it's been discussed. Talk to several agents who are on it. This is more difficult to investigate. Because IMOs can make any lead program sound good. Most aren't.

4. Training. Again hard to investigate. But talk to agents about it. Is it one and done or ongoing? Can you sit in on a training call or meeting before you sign up? Agents under estimate how important training is to their success. Good training should be included in your package. You should never have to give up commissions for it unless you are getting one on one ongoing field training. Most successful agents don't need that and you should never pay for that level of training unless you are actually getting it.

There you have it. 1 and 2 are mandatory knock outs and easy to compare. 3 and 4 are a little more gray but should make sense. Remember that if you are new to this business you are very easy to fool on 3 and 4. But as long as you have the release agreed upon, you can't be trapped.

And I'll add that any agency that talks to you about recruiting agents and building a down line is a sham. No exceptions. Green agents do not build down lines in good agencies. That's a scam that allows really really bad agencies to recruit thousands of agents at really low commissions and get them into horrible debt problems. Never fall for that pitch. And it's everywhere. If you have a friend in the biz that wants you to go under them, RUN. Unless your friend has been selling insurance successfully for over 5-years of course and killing it.

Hello- I saw your list of FMOs to avoid but do you have a list of FMOs that you would recommend?

I am in a captive agent in South Florida who is interested in going independent.

Do this.

go to FEXQUOTES.com , and sign up for their service. LOOK at all the different companies, and click on contracting link.

You'll see SEVERAL IMO's listed. You can contact them, and INTERVIEW them all and see if they are a good fit for you.

The usual rule to follow is to avoid IMO's who spend more time on any insurance forum trying to recruit, then they do to train their agents or sell in the field.

Good Luck to you!

Latest posts

Back