Another one bites the dust - US Fire exiting Med Supp market

Of course it will. I was just responding that Aetna/Accendo doesn't adjust rates when you move from one state or zip code to another like most other supplemental carriers.

And imo Aetna is as bad or worse than MOO in rate increases. Unfortunately they all do it. Part of the shell game

Is it that they don't adjust when a person moves or they don't adjust when they don't offer a product in that new zip code? I genuinely don't know.

For example, my clients who have Anthem Blue Cross of Georgia and move to Florida don't have a rate adjustment due to the move. Only the normal annual rate increase. And that's because that plan isn't offered in Florida. Conversely, my clients who have a carrier who offers plans in the state in which the client moves, see a rate adjustment based on the new zip code.

Of course it will. I was just responding that Aetna/Accendo doesn't adjust rates when you move from one state or zip code to another like most other supplemental carriers.

And imo Aetna is as bad or worse than MOO in rate increases. Unfortunately they all do it. Part of the shell game
And now UHC/UHICA have joined the game.

Actually, there are a few carriers that are less aggressive in rotating carriers than others, and tend to have competitive rates (new and renewal) year after year. At least that is the case in Georgia which is an entry age state.

Saying "they all do it" is broad to say the least.

YMMV

Is it that they don't adjust when a person moves or they don't adjust when they don't offer a product in that new zip code? I genuinely don't know.

For example, my clients who have Anthem Blue Cross of Georgia and move to Florida don't have a rate adjustment due to the move. Only the normal annual rate increase. And that's because that plan isn't offered in Florida. Conversely, my clients who have a carrier who offers plans in the state in which the client moves, see a rate adjustment based on the new zip code.
They don't adjust when they move. Rate is based on where it was originally written...is my understanding. So if I have a client in NC that moves to FL they will not adjust to FL rate, whether they have a plan there or not. But if NC has a 15% rate increase then they will go up 15% in FL.

Summing up . . . when a block is closed, renewal rates will increase, often by a significant amount, regardless of where the policyholder lives.

You can run but you cannot hide from the rate increase monster.

Back