Any Major Life Carriers Have Plans for Online Apps?

Not pertaining to this feature...but I had a GA tell me they get charged extra to allow me to upload an app for the paramed to get the signatures

I know that I am not charged for it. Maybe on lower levels WCL does charge for those things. I will call and check and get back to you.

As an IMO, and having access to the tele-app feature with WCL; I can assure you that there is no charge for doing one. I hope this helps.....

Well, all I can say is that the agent from the GA I deal with has been in the industry for many years and the company is well-known, does business nationally and is one that most life agents in this venue would recognize. So one of you has bad information.

Banner also has tele-app

ING has a completely online life appl. It's broker assisted, meaning you take the entire app over the phone and the client is then sent a link via email to esign. (similar to online health appl's)

Well, all I can say is that the agent from the GA I deal with has been in the industry for many years and the company is well-known, does business nationally and is one that most life agents in this venue would recognize. So one of you has bad information.

Or, I am not being charged. I have called my wholesaler at WCL, so I will know soon enough.

Al, just contract with Protective Life. They own West Coast and have the exact same rates and policy features if I'm not mistaken.

With respect to WCL, make sure your GA is part of the tel-app program. Some are not. One of my GAs** told me that WCL charges them $25 for these and the GA won't pay it. Thus I could not use the tele-app feature. (I want to do it as I have a prospective client about 100 miles from here.)

I called WCL this morning and the gal on the phone had no knowledge of the $25 fee but she gave me names of other GAs in my area that I could call. WCL allows for dual appointments.

HTH

** Don't ask me to identify the GA in question because I won't. I'm not sure what they told me about their business was meant for public dissemination and they are a good GA in all other respects.

Back