Any Term Carriers Take This?

From my experience prostate cancer is very tricky....there is a lot on the pathology side that is very hard to "quote" things such as grade and Gleason score come into play and it is very hard as an agent to know if they will qualify or not without having underwriters review records.

Have a 58/59 yr old male non tobacco, no meds, 6'0 200lbs. Prostate cancer last year- cancer free since Aug 2013. :skeptical:

Wants 100k 20 yr term. Indiana

Maybe tlmarketing will chime in here... He spoke up on a recent thread I posted and says he does quite a bit of prostate cancer business. Worst case may be Symetra's LifeAgain deal, but perhaps a flat extra somewhere else if the recent nature of his cancer isn't TOO recent for everyone?

Have a 58/59 yr old male non tobacco, no meds, 6'0 200lbs. Prostate cancer last year- cancer free since Aug 2013. :skeptical:

Wants 100k 20 yr term. Indiana

Too many unknowns...go here and grab a questionnaire and come back with how treated, gleason, grade, pre and post PSAs etc.

Place the Case: Prostate Cancer

It could be insurable at a gleason under 6.0 and radical prostatectomy with current PSAs under .1

You need to find out the following in order to quote properly:

What stage was the prostate cancer? Stage T1a, T1b, T1c, T2a,T2b,T2c
What was his Gleason Score?
What was his pre-treatment PSA level?
What type of treatment did he have? Radiation, radical prostatectomy?
What was his post treatment PSA level?

If radical prostatectomy done, and Gleason was 6 or less and pre-treatment PSA was 20 or less, Prudential is the best company at "standard plus" rate...

If it's something other than this, let me know and I will help you find best company based on his circumstances....no charge.

Usually the best companies are Prudential and Lincoln National for prostate cases

Oncologists are great about giving a client a copy of his post-operative pathology report. This report and his current psa are all the details you need to get tentative offers.

It all depends on the specifics regarding the prostate cancer. Stage, grade, pre-procedure PSA, prostate removed?, radiation treatment?, etc

Best case scenario we do have several carriers that could be as good as standard and even maybe slightly better

---------------------------------------------------------------
JFlynn
Zenith Marketing Group
800-733-0054 x6306

Tough one... "If" you can find coverage it may be cost-prohibitive at an extra flat rate per thousand. Might be best to wait a few years... check out Illinois Mutual.

Back