Anybody Care To Share Their Favorite MedSupp Cold Call Script?

"Hi Mr./Mrs. Smith
My name is _______, I am an independent Insurance agent that specializes in Medicare health insurance based out of _______.
I am calling you today to see if I can possibly help you better your current situation by either saving you money on the same plan you have or by getting more benefits for the same price. Being an independent agent allows me to work for YOU instead of the numerous insurance companies I am contracted with. I have my quote engine with 22 companies ready for you but I just need a little information before I can run it.
What type of medicare approved health insurance do you currently have?

(then i finally let them speak)
ANSWERS
"I have a medigap plan with Bankers life & Casualty"
"Thats great you decided to go with a medigap plan!!! If you check in your medicare and YOU handbook on page 66 you will see that every single company that is approved to market medigap plans MUST have the same exact benefits and the only difference from company to company is the price and buisness practices of each company.(Quote 3 companies from the quote engine for the prospects same plan and let them respond before going into appt. setting script!)
Answer
"I have a medicare advantage plan"
Thats great!!! There are many MAPDs available for OUR area, have you used medicare.gov web page to compare what mapd plans are available to you or did you just hear of one from a friend and sign up?
(wait for answer then incourage them to use all of the available resources they have to make sure they are recieving the most benefits for their $$$....resources are medicare.gov and ME!!!!)
(then take note of what MAPD they are on and stick them in the filing cabinet under AEP and revisit during AEP if no appt. on first contact)

This is roughly the script I use and different sub scripts for type of health insurance. The trick is to get your point across clearly before they have a chance to say "no thank you" or hang up! The point you want to get across to them is that you are ready, willing, and able to give them a quote right there over the phone from ALOT of different carriers without hassel or the need for a face to face sit down. Once they hear monthly premiums they generally lower their guard and begin to ask questions. Be ready to answer them all and make sure you keep it FUN and interesting before you go for an appt. My closing ratio on medsupp appts. is extremely high(never really tracked it but over 75%), but cold calling is a rollercoaster. Some days I might get 1 appt. out of 100-200 calls and then other days i might get 10-15 appts. out of 100-200 calls. Rainy days are the best days to cold call as most seniors are at home and inside!!!!

Hope this helps!
:cool:

----------

oh yea, forgot to mention.......................

IF YOUR TRYING TO DO BUISNESS IN MICHIGAN, GET YOUR OWN SCRIPT...OR BETTER YET, MOVE OUTA MY STATE!!!
:D

Hi there, do you feel like you are paying too much for your Medicare Supplement Insurance?

Umm...yes...

I do too that's why I called! How about we take 30 seconds to compare your current rate with what I can offer! How much are you paying now?

Way, way too much talking by the agent in the beginning. The GOAL should be to get the prospect engaged in conversation. Hard to do when you don't let them speak.

"Never really tracked it", but "over 75%". Sounds like a guess...

yea never really tracked it, but if i get in the house the only reason i have not gotten their health insurance buisness is because they didnt get thru underwriting......so i file them into my mapd file and revisit during AEP.
very simple once in the house in to earn their buisness thru my presentation, heck.....with all these telephonic sales and direct sales to carriers, everyone i sit down with is glad i come over and explain the machine that this is and how i continue to contact thru the year (which it seems all these T-65 hunters sign them up for the lowest priced plan (usually F-plan) or sign them with what company they get the highest commission on.)

I use the G-plan or the if all else fails the n-plan........i crush the F-plan everytime i come across it!!!!
So please, you lazy agents continue to sign up people for the F-plan (cause it is easy to explain) and then not stay in touch with them!!!!
:biggrin:

Back