Anyone Familiar with Healthcare Solutions Team (HST)or First Family Insurance

Amerilife won't release you. If you don't like their service you will have to stop writing business for a year. Am I correct:err:
Recently having escaped from Amerilife and them still holding my appointments. I'd have to say yes. I signed a payment plan for my "negative balance" and have yet to receive a release a month later.

They came back and told me that it would need to be paid in full.
Why did they have me sign a promissory note and tell me that I would be released?

Uh no.. Not neccessarily.
Captive to me and I feel many others means that you are restricted to selling products provided by carriers with which your IMO already has a relationship with.
HST is owned by Natgen, yes. However you under no obligation whatsoever to put someone in a Natgen if they'd be better served somewhere else.

That to me is the definition of non captive.

I was in a captive agency agreement.
If I wanted to write something that our agency didn't offer I was shit out of luck.
I wasn't allowed to license in other states nor contract with insurance carriers outside of our fold.

I posted that last year and thank you for your feedback. I know they are owned by National General. At the time of my post I was still learning the difference between Captive and Independent.
Correct me if I am wrong, however I hear you do assign your commissions to them and you do not fully own your book until 5 years.

I posted that last year and thank you for your feedback. I know they are owned by National General. At the time of my post I was still learning the difference between Captive and Independent.
Correct me if I am wrong, however I hear you do assign your commissions to them and you do not fully own your book until 5 years.

Correct.
Vesting basically mirrors your tenure.
Stay 2 years, renewals come for 2 years.
3,3 .
5, life.

I was told repeatedly my clients are my clients. The business if its good needs to remain on their books. Otherwise you can flip it. My boss wants me treating my clients ethically and I love her for it. I've seen precious little of that in our industry.

You can't take your clients with you when you leave unless you put them on other products beforehand. I know this firsthand.

Correct.
Vesting basically mirrors your tenure.
Stay 2 years, renewals come for 2 years.
3,3 .
5, life.

I was told repeatedly my clients are my clients. The business if its good needs to remain on their books. Otherwise you can flip it. My boss wants me treating my clients ethically and I love her for it. I've seen precious little of that in our industry.

I am about to join HST next week. Work ethic is important to me but I was assigned to someone I know nothing about. Do you have a contact that I reach out to?

I am about to join HST next week. Work ethic is important to me but I was assigned to someone I know nothing about. Do you have a contact that I reach out to?

I talked to someone from there. The person I spoke with did not want to give me info until I signed up. I said no thank you.

Back