Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

I have never heard of them!
If you want to know about UShAdvisors...Go straight to the source. Lot of the comments are correct.. ie., Indemnity plans. we also have 80/20 plans 70/30 plans with 3000.or 4000 ,or 6000 deductibles.. we have a guarantee issue.. all are affordable. Not Mandated by Government... you are not paying for anything you do not need....

In Arkansas, call State Insurance Commissioner.... Ask for Freedom Life of America... as that is who our underwriters are.. they pay the bills. All Insurance has to be approved in all States before selling.... Each State has one. Home office in Fort Worth ,Texas.. Call BBB ..the Commissioners number in Arkansas is 501-371-2600..

Talk to someone who has it...

Lol.

Looks like US health is jumping into the QHP game.

We recently found out that Freedom Life of America filed 8 QHP's off exchange in South Carolina for 2015 & also filed QHPs in North Carolina off exchange as National Foundation Life for 2015.

Lol.

Looks like US health is jumping into the QHP game.

We recently found out that Freedom Life of America filed 8 QHP's off exchange in South Carolina for 2015 & also filed QHPs in North Carolina off exchange as National Foundation Life for 2015.

I used to enjoy selling (and crushing the competition with) the low-premium US Health Group/Freedom Life HSA compatible plan with the 3 year rate guarantee.

Hopefully their 2015 Qualified Health Plans are innovative on some level as well. Thanks for sharing this info PostQuartermaster.
-ac

There is as much chance of US Health having competitive rates for Off Exchange business as Obama deciding to repeal the ACA.

All they are doing is putting something out so they can offer clients a conversion of the fixed indemnity plans (at some later date) to an ACA compliant plan providing they pay all the back premiums.

The slimebags that run USHealth Advisors specialize in lying to clients and agents-they prey on newbie agents with their promises of high commissions, advances, and free leads (which are nothing more than aged leads from years ago).

I gave them a shot about 4 years ago for a few weeks (in addition to my other carriers) and saw that they taught their agents to omit key parts of health insurance (like prescription drug coverage) because it lowered premiums. I wouldn't do that and it made rates way too high compared to other insurers.

Add to that the B- AM Best rating, their distribution channel saturated with former Mega GA's who could care less about clients or agents, and it's a combination that is destined to fail.

Last edited:
You must have been one of the agents that couldn't make it in the buisness and got fired... the State Commissioner is not employed by the company.. has no reason to lie...we have [0[ customer complaints .. call the Office your self and find out..Ark.501-371-2600. Any one can make comments right or wrong.. Go to the Horses mouth... All has a been approved in All States.......and Yes you wait until Jan 2015...We are coming out with the Bomb!!!!!! All Compliant .. and already approved......:D

You must have been one of the agents that couldn't make it in the buisness and got fired... the State Commissioner is not employed by the company.. has no reason to lie...we have [0[ customer complaints .. call the Office your self and find out..Ark.501-371-2600. Any one can make comments right or wrong.. Go to the Horses mouth... All has a been approved in All States.......and Yes you wait until Jan 2015...We are coming out with the Bomb!!!!!! All Compliant .. and already approved......:D

Just like everything about US Health, you are completely, 100% wrong about me-I wrote more business last year than you will write in your entire, pathetic career.

By the way, the AM Best B- rating is the worst of any health insurance company I've ever seen, I'm sure your three clients sleep soundly at night knowing their healthcare is in the hands of a company that is so financially weak.

HorseLady, you must be a US Health Group manager..ie. the "horse's mouth" that you refer to?

Going from Indemnity plans in 2014 to ACA-Exchange plans in 2015 is quite a jump! I can't think of any other insurer attempting this.

If your rates are lower than the competition, you'll do well with the people who shop online and want the lowest price.
ac

• • •
FLORIDA OFFICE OF INSURANCE REGULATION • LIFE & HEALTH PRODUCT REVIEW
200 EAST GAINES STREET • TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA 32399-0328 • (850) 413-3152 • FAX (850) 922-3866
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
FINANCIAL SERVICES
COMMISSION
RICK SCOTT
GOVERNOR
JEFF ATWATER
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
PAM BONDI
ATTORNEY GENERAL
ADAM PUTNAM
COMMISSIONER OF
AGRICULTURE
via email: [email protected]
August 13, 2014
Mrs. Diana Ivie
Actuarial Assistant
Freedom Life Insurance Company of America
801 Cherry Street, Unit 33, 3100 Burnett Plaza
Fort Worth, TX 76102
RE: FREEDOM LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA
FORM NUMBER(S): EHB-2014-IP-FL-FLIC, ET AL
FILE LOG NUMBER: FLR 14-13110
PLEASE REFER TO THIS FILE NUMBER WHEN CORRESPONDING
Dear Mrs. Ivie:
The review of the above referenced filing has been completed.
Based on the filing submitted and additional information provided, this letter serves as notification that the Rates
have been PLACED ON FILE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.
The rates reflect an average rate change of 9.9%, effective 01/01/2015.

----------

From their 2014 rate filing, here is the expense breakdown:

NON-BENEFIT EXPENSES AND PROFIT &RISK
Expenses are estimated based off of current costs, adjusted for any anticipated changes in 2014.
The pricing load to cover these expenses is applied consistently across all plans.
Category Percent of Premium
Customer Service, Claims Administration, & Information Systems 5.0%
Marketing Expenses 3.0%
General Overhead 2.0%
Cost Containment 3.0%
Commissions and Sales Bonus 5.0%
Quality Improvement 0.7%
Taxes, Fees, and State Assessments 2.46%
Profit and Contingency Margin 2.84%

5% total for commissions? What a great deal for agents. Of course, by the time they bundle in all of their crappy extras agents probably make more or they are lying to the FLOIR

From the 2014 filing, here is the way they determine rates:
Attained Monthly Base Rate $369.97
Age Factor
0 - 20 0.635 1/1/2014 Trend Factor 1.00
21 1.000
22 1.000 2014 Reinsurance Factor 0.918
23 1.000
24 1.000 Tobacco User Factor 1.20
25 1.004
26 1.024
27 1.048 Bronze 0.635
28 1.087 Silver 0.751
29 1.119 Gold 0.877
30 1.135 Platinum 1.015
31 1.159
32 1.183
33 1.198 Quarterly 3
34 1.214 Semi-Annual 6
35 1.222 Annual 12
36 1.230
37 1.238
38 1.246
39 1.262
40 1.278

By my calculation, for an average rate area in Florida, a Silver plan for a 40 year old non-smoker is as follows:

$369.97 x .752 x 1.278=$356 per month

If I take an average rate area in Florida (Sarasota/Lee/Collier Counties), here are typical rates for Silver plans for the same person in 2014:
Assurant: $284
Blue: $290
Aetna: $294

So they aren't competitive in one of their target states in 2014 and won't be competitive in 2015 either.

I see no need to be concerned about them, they will keep lying to people and sell indemnity plans but, on an apples to apples comparison, they lose each and every time.

Last edited:
three, little do you know.. how about 3000 and still going strong.....Best Insurance in US... your opinion does not matter..facts and records speak louder than words... Check it out thru BBB Fort Worth ,Texas.. Ask for Freedom Life Insurance Company of America. That is our Home office.. you are not worth spending any more time on.. Good bye..

Back