Anyone Here Know who Can Create a Good Website that Will Drive Local Traffic?

I do wish people would make sure they know what they're talking about when they hand out advice, though, because misinformation is one of the biggest problems of the Internet. Everybody knows everything, and their expert status took all of six months to get, if that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,
My campaign has been running for about one year. I gotta tell you, your response befuddled me! I am absolutely NOT going after those keywords, or anything that resembles those words. Why in the word would I spend that much $ on those keywords, when I can get the same results from other keywords that cost me less than 2 bucks?

I understand what you're saying, but I can't imagine you're getting much traffic being on the second or third page of search results. I know your quality score can't be anything special.

Does the model you're using give you any workable traffic? I presume you're doing things nationally? Also, doesn't a low quality score greatly increase your click prices incrementally?

Mike Merten

I understand what you're saying, but I can't imagine you're getting much traffic being on the second or third page of search results. I know your quality score can't be anything special.

Does the model you're using give you any workable traffic? I presume you're doing things nationally? Also, doesn't a low quality score greatly increase your click prices incrementally?

Mike Merten
I am either 2nd or 3rd ad , top of page. Quality score 7 or above. I am not national. Content with the results-wish they were much better.

Mike---don't let these Forum gurus get to you! I saw the following on your Elance page and think it shows you have what it takes:

I do things and get results most people dream of such as
- bringing websites to the top of all major search engines in a weekend's time
- getting a just-went-live website to the first page of Google in three (3) hours
I regularly do this for any number of websites, so the particular techniques I use are proven. I also use custom Internet marketing "tools" you can't buy on the market.
Plenty of people talk about what they can do -- I have plenty of PROOF.

That's pretty impressive stuff I see on Elance and probably justifies your $80 an hour price tag!!!

Mike---don't let these Forum gurus get to you! I saw the following on your Elance page and think it shows you have what it takes:

I do things and get results most people dream of such as
- bringing websites to the top of all major search engines in a weekend's time
- getting a just-went-live website to the first page of Google in three (3) hours
I regularly do this for any number of websites, so the particular techniques I use are proven. I also use custom Internet marketing "tools" you can't buy on the market.
Plenty of people talk about what they can do -- I have plenty of PROOF.

That's pretty impressive stuff I see on Elance and probably justifies your $80 an hour price tag!!!

It's all true, but a lot of the market has fallen out because of the Great Recession. I was getting $80 an hour years ago -- not sure what the **ll I'm getting these days. People in my world (Americans, the Real Deal) normally get $80 to $150 an hour. For $20 an hour you get a Craiglist Wizard, Saloom Bombay from Calcutta, your friend's 17 year-old niece or Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. Of course they're all geniuses -- everybody is.

One thing that has happened is that keyword prices for pay-per-click advertising (Google AdWords) in certain areas have been bid so high as to no longer be affordable by most small businesses. The click prices for

- Legal Services
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing
- Insurance
- Debt consolidation

are out of this world.

That's why I've been delving into live transfer leads a lot more. The Internet's become too expensive for most people.

It's all true, but a lot of the market has fallen out because of the Great Recession. I was getting $80 an hour years ago -- not sure what the **ll I'm getting these days. People in my world (Americans, the Real Deal) normally get $80 to $150 an hour. For $20 an hour you get a Craiglist Wizard, Saloom Bombay from Calcutta, your friend's 17 year-old niece or Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. Of course they're all geniuses -- everybody is.

I'm not sure what world you live in Mr. Real American but in my country minimum wage is like $8 / hour. According to you the best strategy for building links is directory listings. Who the **** would pay you $80 an hour to build directory listings with yahoo and business.com :D.

I'm not sure what world you live in Mr. Real American but in my country minimum wage is like $8 / hour. According to you the best strategy for building links is directory listings. Who the **** would pay you $80 an hour to build directory listings with yahoo and business.com :D.

No one would -- that's the reason people come up with alternative ways to create backlinks. I haven't manually created a backlink in years -- not effective use of time.

Creating backlinks manually is very time-intensive. The only way you can do it is to, literally, do it yourself. For the most part, nobody can afford to pay to have it done unless you talk to Saleem over in Calcutta -- he might even PAY you to have the honor of doing your work :twitchy:

Contacting people to exchange links works off percentages similar to telemarketing. Almost everybody you try to reach ignores you, often you have quite a time determining who the website owner is, and you have to keep very good notes.

And it all takes TIME.

It's not unreasonable to think getting a few links (one or two) could conceivably take six to eight hours if you're playing the numbers game with website owners.

Another thing -- often the people you want to get a link from don't want to link to you. If they have a high-ranked website with a high pagerank, and you have a so-so website with a lower pagerank -- they will probably tell you "no way".

As to $80 an hour (which it rarely works out to be) -- the average person will have a website and HOPE it will someday be on page one of Google for searches. They may never get to page one.

I took a website that just went "live" to page one of Google in three (3) hours and have the proof to back it up. I did this about three or four years ago and have a witness or two.

If a person could afford it, I also have a way to build websites that automatically rank at the top of Google, Yahoo! & Bing within 10 to 14 days from the time they go "live" for lots of relevant local terms. Once again, I can show PROOF.

I don't believe in baloney. Too much of it on the Internet these days.

Mike...What would probably help (both your credibility and other Forum members) is to post these examples. Also, post five websites you either built or worked on that have performed well.

You might add more business than you realize!

I am very interested in learning more about websites as well. USHealth Advisors provides us a website, but, as the initial poster commented, it is basic and not customizable. I would like to be able to include information on a website that helps anyone looking for health and accident insurance make informed choices, not just drive them to my product.

Mike...What would probably help (both your credibility and other Forum members) is to post these examples. Also, post five websites you either built or worked on that have performed well.

You might add more business than you realize!

What would really work for Mike not trying to spam out SEO advice from 5 years ago. You brag about getting a fresh site to the top of Google in a few hours. The tactics you used are now considered spam. I don't know if you stay up to-date with this stuff but tactics from 1 year ago are no longer viable. The way he even advertises his service is straight spam:

"I took a website that just went "live" to page one of Google in three (3) hours and have the proof to back it up. I did this about three or four years ago and have a witness or two.

If a person could afford it, I also have a way to build websites that automatically rank at the top of Google, Yahoo! & Bing within 10 to 14 days from the time they go "live" for lots of relevant local terms. Once again, I can show PROOF."

I bet you can get to the top of Google in 2 weeks and be gone 2 days later :D or hes ranking your for terms like "super duper cheap insurance rates for insurance forum members".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back