Anyone Out There Write the Nationwide Product?

Looks Good!!

Uncapped growth (without a spread on some strategies), new interest crediting index with better historical returns than the S&P 500, and one of the best payout factors for income in the business.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I like it. Can someone chime in with the downside of this product?

The index was started in April 2009. All the back testing assumes that if it was started in 1999, it would look like it did now. It is a lot easier to come up with a formula after the crash of 1999 or 2008 and say "this is how we would have done" then it is to have been in the real world at that time and have actually done it.

1999 was a different time in the financial world. Then, you had uncapped annuities with 125% participation rates. They don't exist today. It is unlikely that the J P Morgan Mozaic index would look anything like this today if it had gone through those two market slides.

No annuity today, that I am aware of, has caps, guarantees or fees anything like that which was available in those days. Unrealistic to take a product that didn't exist and act like it would have done great.

I would have bought Apple stock back then. Look how great my portfolio is now, based on what I would have done...

The index was started in April 2009. All the back testing assumes that if it was started in 1999, it would look like it did now. It is a lot easier to come up with a formula after the crash of 1999 or 2008 and say "this is how we would have done" then it is to have been in the real world at that time and have actually done it.

1999 was a different time in the financial world. Then, you had uncapped annuities with 125% participation rates. They don't exist today. It is unlikely that the J P Morgan Mozaic index would look anything like this today if it had gone through those two market slides.

No annuity today, that I am aware of, has caps, guarantees or fees anything like that which was available in those days. Unrealistic to take a product that didn't exist and act like it would have done great.

I would have bought Apple stock back then. Look how great my portfolio is now, based on what I would have done...

Although I agree with your statements about back testing, the index is still 120% par no cap/fee/spread. So.... There's that

Although I agree with your statements about back testing, the index is still 120% par no cap/fee/spread. So.... There's that

Anyone care to throw out a comparison to the AGL 2yr p2p with 100% par and no spread?

AGL uses the Merrill Lynch Strategic Balancing Index.

I've liked the AGL product from afar but it didn't fit my core market on the annuity side.

The index was started in April 2009. All the back testing assumes that if it was started in 1999, it would look like it did now. It is a lot easier to come up with a formula after the crash of 1999 or 2008 and say "this is how we would have done" then it is to have been in the real world at that time and have actually done it. 1999 was a different time in the financial world. Then, you had uncapped annuities with 125% participation rates. They don't exist today. It is unlikely that the J P Morgan Mozaic index would look anything like this today if it had gone through those two market slides. No annuity today, that I am aware of, has caps, guarantees or fees anything like that which was available in those days. Unrealistic to take a product that didn't exist and act like it would have done great. I would have bought Apple stock back then. Look how great my portfolio is now, based on what I would have done...

There was no crash in 1999. You may want to go back and check your years. That happened to be a good year in the market. The decline started around March of 2000 and lasted until around October of 2002. Not sure I'd call it a crash since it was a gradual decline. A crash is a sudden drop, like in 2008.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

pardon me, you're correct.
Wonder what product I was thinking of...

As far as spreads go, at least it is a small spread. On the Power Index 7 it is only like 1.5% right now or somewhere around that.

I really like the Choice 6 from AE with the S&P Dividend Aristocrats Index. It only has around a 1.5% spread too with 100% participation.

As far as spreads go, at least it is a small spread. On the Power Index 7 it is only like 1.5% right now or somewhere around that.

I really like the Choice 6 from AE with the S&P Dividend Aristocrats Index. It only has around a 1.5% spread too with 100% participation.

Thats true. I like the specs on that choice 6.
I wish more of these products played in the 403b space. I'd love to use them more.

Every 403 fia is like vanilla ice cream with no toppings.

Isn't the Nationwide product a reincarnation of the Aviva/Annexus BAA?

Back