Anyone Out There Write the Nationwide Product?

Thats true. I like the specs on that choice 6.
I wish more of these products played in the 403b space. I'd love to use them more.

Every 403 fia is like vanilla ice cream with no toppings.

I think AE will classify the contract as a 403b. I know that they will do 401k.

Of course if you use the Choice series it pays no renewals or trails... so not very friendly to selling a Qualified Plan. One of the 10 year products with renewals or trails would work though.

Isn't the Nationwide product a reincarnation of the Aviva/Annexus BAA?

Similar in a lot of ways. It is an Annexus product after all. The things like the JP Morgan Mozaic index and first to die death benefit even on qualified accounts make it unique.

A concern I have with the MOZAIC index and how great it graphs in the two declines (graph from 12/31/1999-12/31/2014) is that its multi allocation and stop loss probably shifted more to bonds and commodities like gold which could have proven very timely in those declines but may not be in the future.

Today with interest rates just off all time lows, bonds are almost assured to lose value (after a 34 year decline in rates) and the outlook for most commodities at least short term is very bad (strong U.S. dollar hurting as well as other factors). While a stop loss in stocks in a decline to say bonds may at least slow a market decline, I doubt it would have the positive it did as illustrated in 2000-2002 and 2008.

I can't get my head around the 130% MOZAIC ... I assume that would be 130% of any downside say with both equities losing and bonds/gold losing over two years seems more risky than S&P500, especially over two years, so may catch the rebound.

Looking at a New Heights 10 illustration I just ran.. Using S&P500 strategy if I understand this correct... 60% in S&P 500 (no dividends included), 40% at a 0% declared rate with a spread of 2.05%. Have not found if the spread can go as high as like 12% as in the prior edition of the product.

The big concern is this is all very complex to fully explain to a client.

Seems something like Great American Safe series with an easy to understand 5% cap or American Legend III 5.5% S&P500 cap but can reduce to 1%... however as pointed out on another thread GA has better than most renewal history.

If only I had that crystal ball to know future returns as well as the date of death of clients which would make planning so much easier :(

What about the Integrity Life Indextra product? It has a 3 yr point to point using the Goldman Sachs Momentum Index. the 7 yr product has a 100% participation with no caps, and the 10 yr has a 110% participation. They also have a guaranteed return of 107% and 110% respectively after the CDSC is over.

What about the Integrity Life Indextra product? It has a 3 yr point to point using the Goldman Sachs Momentum Index. the 7 yr product has a 100% participation with no caps, and the 10 yr has a 110% participation. They also have a guaranteed return of 107% and 110% respectively after the CDSC is over.

My take on momentum based strategies is if it is like MOZAIC, you may sell low and buy high... ie after 3% loss say in equities switch to something else, where could lose more ( maybe in bonds with increasing rates or commodities) and then miss the rebound in equities by time the model switches back.

However, some of the other Integrity products from just fast overview with sort of laddering periods might help solve the concern about locking in today's low rates. Haven't been able to review in-depth since can't get into the agent site without being appointed, unlike some companies where you just state you are a licensed agent but don't have to be appointed. I really don't want get appointed until I know I like a product but may call them for more info and rate info.

My take on momentum based strategies is if it is like MOZAIC, you may sell low and buy high... ie after 3% loss say in equities switch to something else, where could lose more ( maybe in bonds with increasing rates or commodities) and then miss the rebound in equities by time the model switches back.

However, some of the other Integrity products from just fast overview with sort of laddering periods might help solve the concern about locking in today's low rates. Haven't been able to review in-depth since can't get into the agent site without being appointed, unlike some companies where you just state you are a licensed agent but don't have to be appointed. I really don't want get appointed until I know I like a product but may call them for more info and rate info.
Dave,

I can get you any info you need, just let me know.

How is their renewal history?

A concern I have with the MOZAIC index and how great it graphs in the two declines (graph from 12/31/1999-12/31/2014) is that its multi allocation and stop loss probably shifted more to bonds and commodities like gold which could have proven very timely in those declines but may not be in the future.

Today with interest rates just off all time lows, bonds are almost assured to lose value (after a 34 year decline in rates) and the outlook for most commodities at least short term is very bad (strong U.S. dollar hurting as well as other factors). While a stop loss in stocks in a decline to say bonds may at least slow a market decline, I doubt it would have the positive it did as illustrated in 2000-2002 and 2008.

I can't get my head around the 130% MOZAIC ... I assume that would be 130% of any downside say with both equities losing and bonds/gold losing over two years seems more risky than S&P500, especially over two years, so may catch the rebound.

Looking at a New Heights 10 illustration I just ran.. Using S&P500 strategy if I understand this correct... 60% in S&P 500 (no dividends included), 40% at a 0% declared rate with a spread of 2.05%. Have not found if the spread can go as high as like 12% as in the prior edition of the product.

The big concern is this is all very complex to fully explain to a client.

Seems something like Great American Safe series with an easy to understand 5% cap or American Legend III 5.5% S&P500 cap but can reduce to 1%... however as pointed out on another thread GA has better than most renewal history.

If only I had that crystal ball to know future returns as well as the date of death of clients which would make planning so much easier :(

What state are you? Are you referencing New Heights 9 rates with MOZAIC at 130% with 1.5% spread? I have to say that I have not one time had anyone make that selection. Everyone is using the options with no spread as it bypasses that conversation.

I wouldn't blame you for being skeptical about some of the back tested dates. So just use the last 6 that have been live and go off that. That is a benefit here, at least this has been out for 6 years as opposed to be created at the same time as this product.

You mentioned that you illustrated the 10 year version. Unless you are in CT, IA or VA I can't imagine a reason not to use the 9 or 12 year version (depending on your state).

The explanation is actually cut an try once the agent fully understands it.

----------

Any lock in feature? Tough to wait those 3 years (especially without seeing the value when you want) to see if you end up with a return

You mentioned that you illustrated the 10 year version. Unless you are in CT, IA or VA I can't imagine a reason not to use the 9 or 12 year version (depending on your state).

Im in Florida and have been selling the 10 year version. Mainly because its a two year point to point instead of a three year like the 9 and 12.

• Income Rider Fee: Nationwide .95 bps (Calculated on High Point Income Benefit Base Quarterly)

• Annual Free Withdrawals After The 1st Contract Year: Nationwide = 7%

:1baffled:

Back