Anyone Started an Agency Cluster?

I believe Shawn is right. He doesn't know much of anything about selling insurance, but he's got the Carrier group side down.

Once a carrier rep always a carrier rep.

He's the butter bar & we're the Sr enlisted gunnys. He sits in planning rooms and we kick in doors.

There is truth to Ins1876's comment. I have not sold a policy in 13+ years, Although I started in the industry as a Producer during college for two years. I was a rep for a few years. Managed many reps and 126m in WP for more. I have met agencies from coast to coast. Top to bottom. Mom/pops and the largest agencies in America. (There is my resume if you need to see it.)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnmwalker1980

It is important for INS1945 to realize and respect (I know he has and does), ....that you need the right people on the bus- in the right seats. The Agents, the trainers, admin staff, Business Development managers, reps, UWers, Claims, the butter bar, and even Sr. Enlisted Gunnys. They all have to be perfectly empowered to kick in the right doors in their role to achieve Group/ Agency/ Carrier Greatness.

"greatness" ? I hate when carriers always talk about serving clients and blah blah blah. Let's just stay...

....so we can all make a sh*t load of money. that's everybody's goal.

I started a network in the 1990's in Florida. Timing was good, we were blessed and we had over 80 partner agencies in our program within a couple of years. We represented hundreds of millions in premium. We had a lot of fun and success. Having started several successful agencies from scratch, really gave me a good insight on how to help other agencies do the same. We started to expand nationally and were bought out by a large investment firm out of Chicago. After my non compete was up all of my friends and associates wanted to do it again, start another cluster, group, network whatever you want to call them. After doing my homework, I realized that times have changed, and changed a lot. In my opinion there are too many groups aggregating out there already, as mentioned before, some are large entities. I don't know one part of the country that is really missing out or that needs a new cluster. In fact, many of the smaller groups are suffering, because they can't compete, and are not having much success. This is not good for anyone in our industry. Now I do believe the network concept is the future of our industry. I am in this business and I see it every day. Especially the carriers wanting to only work with larger and larger groups. I did do my homework and looked at all of the national networks before I chose to go to work where I now am. I have no doubt that this was the best decision and I could not in good conscience suggest that anyone start a new group from scratch in today's current marketplace, unless you had some amazing top secret tool up your sleeve that has never been seen before.

Back