Anyone Use Cancer Plans in the Senior Market?

Thats like saying you should buy more auto insurance liability and drop your home insurance, because you are more likely to get into a car accident.

Totally different coverage for totally different needs. As Rabbi mentioned 1 out of 2 men will get it, not only will they get it but a very high percentage survive and continue living for years.

Without the cancer coverage they may need to sell a home, a car, or use the cash value from a life policy to cover the added expenses that cancer brings, some of which are mentioned in an earlier post..who would of thought about the clothing situation?? It definitely has it's place and gives an added sense of peace of mind.

Your comparison with auto and home isn't even in the same ball park as Life or cancer plans. You are guaranteed to dies. You aren't guaranteed to file a cancer, home, or auto claim. Wouldn't you think the clients money would be better spent on LTC than cancer. Sp there is two products, life and LTC, that in my mind should be sold first
. I would rather buy 80 lotto tickets a month than a cancer plan after age 65.

Lol, hey I didn't say it was the best way to do it but I'd rather bet on myself winnin the lottery than winnin cancer...

Careful, careful now... Next thing ya know you will be on Indy 8TV doing TV commercials for the Hoosier Lotto with that slogan.

"I'd rather win the lottery than catch me some cancer".

Sounds like a catchy marketing slogan to me... now lets put that with a catchy little jingle and this will be up there with the best of em. OR, it could be the catch line a new country music video... How you look in a western hat with some cowboy boots on there SAI...? :1biggrin:

Careful, careful now... Next thing ya know you will be on Indy 8TV doing TV commercials for the Hoosier Lotto with that slogan.

"I'd rather win the lottery than catch me some cancer".

Sounds like a catchy marketing slogan to me... now lets put that with a catchy little jingle and this will be up there with the best of em. OR, it could be the catch line a new country music video... How you look in a western hat with some cowboy boots on there SAI...? :1biggrin:

I'd look like a hillbilly...:cool:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do the commissions pay for these cancer plans for seniors? 50% or higher?If it is close to 90% then these could turn out to be good plans... :)

Last edited:
You mean prior to this one:

Originally Posted by somarco
I believe Rabbi is peddling that product to seniors.​

Thought he was selling diet supplements or some other crap?

Seriously, don't hate me because I'm smarter and more ethical than you. Hate me because I think you're a jerk.

Rick

Takes one to know one or sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt. By the way Rick, weren't you once banned from this forum? Why don't you tell us all about it.
Here is a great opportunity to add extra income to your bank account. Check this link and sign up to be a broker, link at bottom, and get your own web page just like mine. No charge. Cancer can be very expensive even with the best health plan. This will help offset some of the additional costs.

http://www.cancerplans.com/broker/gardberginsurance
Your comparison with auto and home isn't even in the same ball park as Life or cancer plans. You are guaranteed to dies. You aren't guaranteed to file a cancer, home, or auto claim. Wouldn't you think the clients money would be better spent on LTC than cancer. Sp there is two products, life and LTC, that in my mind should be sold first
. I would rather buy 80 lotto tickets a month than a cancer plan after age 65.

The odds are more people will get cancer than need LTC. This isn't about leaving out any type of insurance. The more assets a person has, the more types of insurance they need but cancer is much more likely to occur than probably anything else. The poster who regretted dropping his cancer plan and then got it and the extra expense he incurred is proof enough of how important it is. When my wife got cancer we were fortunate that she had a disability plan from her job since she was off work for over a year. FE isn't that important since one can donate their body to science for free if need be or be cremated cheaply. How much cancer ins to buy is the same as how much life ins or LTC to buy - whatever is affordable.

Last edited:
Let's see.

1) Contract agents for MA and based up the statement that CMS rules are made to be broken prove to be less than ethical.

2) Have link to diet aid to prove how successful he is selling insurance.

3) Ask agents on this forum for advice of whether to sell himself an MA or supplement when he goes on the road in a motorhome because he apparently doesn't understand the benefits and/or drawbacks of either.

3) Offer contracts for cancer plans since he's such a good choice of an ethical marketer.

Who am I talking about?

Rick

Does he live in a van down by the river?:1confused:

Let's see.

1) Contract agents for MA and based up the statement that CMS rules are made to be broken prove to be less than ethical.

2) Have link to diet aid to prove how successful he is selling insurance.

3) Ask agents on this forum for advice of whether to sell himself an MA or supplement when he goes on the road in a motorhome because he apparently doesn't understand the benefits and/or drawbacks of either.

3) Offer contracts for cancer plans since he's such a good choice of an ethical marketer.

Who am I talking about?

Rick

Your Alter Ego.
Bet he's a big dude.
LOL...jk jk

Ok superstar. I never said they had the same benefits. I guess your clients would need a cancer plan since you stick everyone with a MA plan. The money is better spent on life insurance. Go ahead and keep selling lottery tickets and I'll stick to insurance.

Let's see if I can explain this in simple enough terms.

I never said to buy one over the other. It's sounds like you are the type of agent who only offers prospects one option. It's not up to me to make their decision if they can't afford both but I have an obligation to educate them on what is available. Unlike most agents who see themselves as salespeople, I see myself as an educator.

I gather you are a dedicated life insurance agent rather than an all around agent. I would hope you also sell annuities, which makes a type of financial planner. You have a responsibility to enlighten your clients about ancillary products to help protect their assets. It's not my thing to just have one product. I enjoy a variety. Agents on this forum think that selling MAs is horrible. I don't sell, they buy. Don't you people get it. You don't have to sell a product. If you have done your job properly, they buy it.

Dignity could you send me that link? I do a good bit of cancer bus. Mostly in the 30-50 age range.

Cleaned out my old e-mails over the holiday...tried to send the link, however when I hit reply it will not let me send it. I received a message that I need to have 10 pots or more before I can sen it.

my e-mail is [email protected] send me an and I will send it this way

Latest posts

Back