Anyone working with Medicaid recipients...

I have a few that are referrals. Each state's Medicaid is a bit different, although the levels of help with expenses that are in place "above" full Medicaid as shown on Medicare's website are consistent. The term "Medicare Savings Program" can be confusing as it sounds like a savings account, but usually involves at least paying the recipient's Part B premium. See this link: Medicare Savings Programs | Medicare
In some states there are MAPD plans for levels that are not full Medicaid. Your FMO upline should help with learning about plans and Medicaid in your area.

I run from duals, they are not loyal and you are chasing chargebacks, not worth the work needed to hand hold completely.

Wish it were that easy. Seems like 75% of Medicare eligible in my area are Dual. Oh well, I am def slowing it down and trying to steer clear.

As a new person, and in my area, it's looking like not a lot of choice, BUT, I will do f2f and let them drop as I build. You aren't kidding Medicare agent. Lots of work. While my book is small as new person, I think it's doable to answer the phone, but not chase, simple things, like send a link to their OTC options and whatnot.

With bigger books, it'd be impossible to work on these.

Real PITAs. I am walking away from any wafflers/serial switchers. leaving another one on the table today that is 45 mins away. :) Left one on the take yesterday, I could have easily pushed for...

Had a weird call from Humana yesterday. It was a DSNP who dropped off before AEP was even over. She, the Humana person, had him on the phone basically asking me if I would go over and re-enroll him. Yep, a 3-way phone call. Like, WTF. This guy is a 2-hour round trip and I've already committed to NOT enrolling him bc of his waffling and I realized he wasn't all there cognitively.

Luckily when we went to pin down the appt, he waffled again. I mean the dude is cognitively impaired too, was almost along the lines of unethical. I was mostly quiet on the phone and let them talk. I mean I said hi and all the politeness and asked if he remembered me...he said yes. yada yada. I was left wondering like WTF, they call ya up and try to get you to go back out and waste your time and gas on a waffler?

SMH.

Work on getting referral sources for those who aren't on Medicaid. Accountants, friends, P&C insurance agencies, financial planners. Work on learning the ins and outs of newly eligible for Medicare, and become a local expert. Barbers/hair dressers, folks with clients who bring this up.

Work on getting referral sources for those who aren't on Medicaid. Accountants, friends, P&C insurance agencies, financial planners. Work on learning the ins and outs of newly eligible for Medicare, and become a local expert. Barbers/hair dressers, folks with clients who bring this up.

That's the plan.
I've become a go-to person for our local VFW now (it started with one seminar during AEP, then asked to do two more, to now hanging around there when I have time). and just joined our local chamber. Our Chamber actually has an active network, that looks like it needs a Medicare person. The chamber is where I am hoping to connect to financial planners, etc. Verdicts out on that yet, but on the horizon. Paper work should be here any day, then a few upcoming dinners, lunches, connections....

Spent too much time trying to get into Dollar Generals, which failed, and some other silly ideas, but I think I'm headed in the right direction now. Live and Learn. WTH was I thinking. LOL.

Right now, after the rush and getting my feet wet through AEP, it's a slow go. But at least moving forward.

Back