anyone contract with Delta dental?

Yes, I'm contracted. Keep in mind for Delta it really depends on the state and product line.

There's two products that are separate contracts. The Premier dental plans are separate contract (and entity) then the normal advertised family/individual plans.

I write a decent bit of dental. Personally I like Spirit Dental insured by Ameritas. Again though, depends on the area.

Yes, I'm contracted. Keep in mind for Delta it really depends on the state and product line.

There's two products that are separate contracts. The Premier dental plans are separate contract (and entity) then the normal advertised family/individual plans.

I write a decent bit of dental. Personally I like Spirit Dental insured by Ameritas. Again though, depends on the area.
how do I get contracted is it an FMO you are contracted with?

Manhattan? it’s pretty poor, but I use it as a reimbursement so I can go anywhere.
Sorry, I meant UHC.

I may have asked you before, but if I have, I don't remember what you said.

I was just curious, because UHC is what I have. I have a product that is now in their under 65 lineup, I think I got it right in the year before they developed the split [under 65] and [65 and over] product line split.

I'd have to double check, but I think the dental plan I have is $1,000 per yr benefit at $35+ per mo. I think the vision is $10+ per mo and I could not describe the coverage off the top of my head.

I have hit the point where I do not like to drive much anymore. Within a 5 mile radius of my home, the number of dentists in network with UHC is rather limited.

The percentage of in-network practitioners against all dentists might expand if I went to a radius of 15 miles.

(I don't remember the details, but I know the Manhattan coverage has changed since you bought yours. One of the things I disliked about it was the age banded premium structure.)

That's why I asked about the UHC network.

Just being curious, how do you see their network in your area?
Don't have to use the network and my experience they pay good if a dentist isn't in network. We've used 2 different dentists that aren't in the Careington network, and there was only a small amount that wasn't usual and customary. Both dentists filed with Manhattan and it was paid in a couple of days.

Sorry, I meant UHC.

I may have asked you before, but if I have, I don't remember what you said.

I was just curious, because UHC is what I have. I have a product that is now in their under 65 lineup, I think I got it right in the year before they developed the split [under 65] and [65 and over] product line split.

I'd have to double check, but I think the dental plan I have is $1,000 per yr benefit at $35+ per mo. I think the vision is $10+ per mo and I could not describe the coverage off the top of my head.

I have hit the point where I do not like to drive much anymore. Within a 5 mile radius of my home, the number of dentists in network with UHC is rather limited.

The percentage of in-network practitioners against all dentists might expand if I went to a radius of 15 miles.

(I don't remember the details, but I know the Manhattan coverage has changed since you bought yours. One of the things I disliked about it was the age banded premium structure.)

That's why I asked about the UHC network.
The only thing that's changed is the newly issued policies pay on usual and customary charges. Mine pays on actual charges. My wife took hers after the change and it's on usual and customary charges.

how do I get contracted is it an FMO you are contracted with?

No for their PPO plans it’s direct to company. The Premier is its own contract with an agency, but I honestly don’t know who it is. Not contracted with the premier plans.

You can contract directly on their site for your state.

I have delta dental contract for OK, and just picked it up for KS. Dentists like it. Customers are familiar with it, coming from group plans.

Probably the smallest commission of anything ive ever sold (however it is level for life.) We are talking eight to ten percent. About the same as a PDP.

BUT it does work as intended. Ive never heard of a single issue from a client with delta. Whereas, I have with other carriers....

Delta Dental only does dental insurance. So, they have to do a good job at it, otherwise they are out of business.

Dental insurance is always a challenge. You find someone great coverage, but their dentist is out of network, so it doesn't pay well. Or the dentist is in network, but the premium or deductible is too high, or the waiting period is too long.

Delta often waives the waiting periods if they are had prior coverage.

You also have to get a different Delta contracting for each state, which is inconvenient.

All that being said. I dont write it often.

Back