AOR UHC

T Sparks

Super Genius
So let me give you folks as much info. as possible concerning this case. I enrolled a new to medicare client 1/1/20 into a MA-PD plan with United Health Care, then in 9/2021 another agent (non-telesales) rolls him into a different MA-PD plan within UHC (No break in coverage) now I lose AOR- and renewal commissions.
Is this the way you see it? If so, to me this is just not right! I have question UHC and they say YES this is the way it is.

I don’t know what your smoking . 50% of my business is plan change to plan change within the same company . Every company I’ve ever heard of that’s how it works . You become the new aor . Just like I’ve had done to me

So let me give you folks as much info. as possible concerning this case. I enrolled a new to medicare client 1/1/20 into a MA-PD plan with United Health Care, then in 9/2021 another agent (non-telesales) rolls him into a different MA-PD plan within UHC (No break in coverage) now I lose AOR- and renewal commissions.
Is this the way you see it? If so, to me this is just not right! I have question UHC and they say YES this is the way it is.

I had one like this recently. I converted an existing HMO base plan mb into the CSNP for 1-1-22. After the mb showed the wrong ID card to several providers, he was "convinced" that he had no coverage!!
An agent who sits in the clinic converted him into the regular base plan again for 3-1-22 and told the mb to call him again in March when mb would receive the new ID card so that the new agent could switch him back again to the CSNP (APRIL 1 eff) which the mb was already enrolled in.
This is the ONLY way to change the AOR on a UHC HMO plan that I know of.
I was actually given a pro-rated chargeback when he was my member (Jan & Feb) for the plan change with the "new" agent receiving payment from March 1 forward. I,e, I did not receive a Full chargeback, but only a partial one

Last edited:
Nope, not all BCBSTN. Protects within the company.

Protects from what?

You lost the buis they went with another agent

The only reason Med supp does not do the same is because Companies will offer new pricing lower than what current clients have and protection is needed

But its not about the agent they want to keep higher premiums on the books

You need to protect your own book

Back