Will i be AOR if i do this...

policywunk

Guru
Met with a UHC SNP HMO from referral who loves her plan but hates her agent.I explained only way for me to be her agent "maybe" if i submit AEP application for UHC SNP PPO (which i did )then submit another application for AEP back to UHC SNP HMO for 1/1/2024.I called PHD and 1 rep said yes and the other said no so I have a feeling i am going to be an unpaid agent helper instead of the AOR.

Pretty sure that’s a no.

yeah i thought so she was willing to go on ppo for one month and switch back to ppo until i pointed out she would lose out on 50.00 of grocery for a month.I think it worth it for her to forgo 50.00 for a month because she has a lot of questions about her plan and her agent is unresponsive but then again i am not on medicaid.

An agent should never "move" a client to become the aor, she was in a great plan already and she can still call the company for issues, It really doesn't matter if she doesn't like her agent, you can always answer her questions without being her agent.
Never move a client for your own benefit, that is a golden rule for my agency.

Maybe . According to some people during aep that works . That said if agent is sharp he’ll check 1/1 effect plans on disenrollments and see same plan . If you file disagreement with uhc producer desk he’ll 100% get the Aor back. Keep us posted if I lt worked .

Met with a UHC SNP HMO from referral who loves her plan but hates her agent.I explained only way for me to be her agent "maybe" if i submit AEP application for UHC SNP PPO (which i did )then submit another application for AEP back to UHC SNP HMO for 1/1/2024.I called PHD and 1 rep said yes and the other said no so I have a feeling i am going to be an unpaid agent helper instead of the AOR.

Aetna is great about this. All the client has to do is call customer service and say they want you as the agent and give your NPN and it's done. If you ever find someone who say they signed up over the phone or internet with Aetna just have them call in. I've had many do this and works great.

An agent should never "move" a client to become the aor, she was in a great plan already and she can still call the company for issues, It really doesn't matter if she doesn't like her agent, you can always answer her questions without being her agent.
Never move a client for your own benefit, that is a golden rule for my agency.

Obviously you haven't worked with this market too much.Many of these people do have issues dealing with phone menu systems and this lady is actually quite intelligent but had a lot of questions about her medicaid redetermination,provider network,and ongoing dental claim issue etc that she was not getting resolution on after months of trying

It would be rejected since it is still before the January 1 date. I became AOR only 1 time for a Humana app when I did how you described and it has never happened again.

Obviously you haven't worked with this market too much.Many of these people do have issues dealing with phone menu systems and this lady is actually quite intelligent but had a lot of questions about her medicaid redetermination,provider network,and ongoing dental claim issue etc that she was not getting resolution on after months of trying

Y
es! Sometimes you can dig yourself into a hole by aiding someone with too many problems. Mb Services ppl cannot replace the expertise that an on-the -ground agent has.

Last edited:
Aetna is great about this. All the client has to do is call customer service and say they want you as the agent and give your NPN and it's done. If you ever find someone who say they signed up over the phone or internet with Aetna just have them call in. I've had many do this and works great.

Are the customer service reps well versed on this ? With Humana yrs ago many knew nothing about Aor changes . But just like WellCare if it’s a new plan in the first yr you get no commission until the 2 nd yr . Here’s a question . If you ran into a plan somebody wrote on the phone for 1/1 . If the client calls before the plan is in effect and wants you to be the Aor for the 1/1 date . Will you get the $310 commission ? Will they change that Aor before the plan goes into effect ?

Back