Are additional items needed for this ICEP application?

ValeRosso

Guru
Just want to get some info because I got conflicting information on this:

Sally is turning 65 in October
She will have a Oct 1 Part A and B start date
Application for MAPD will be submitted in July with the Oct 1 Part A and B start date

Is there anything else needed here other than the MAPD application? Or anything to avoid hiccups?

I was told to get a award letter from SSA stating that coverage will begin on Oct and submit that to the carrier with the application. I was also told to get a September 1 Part A and B start date and wait until she gets her RWB card, then put the application in.

Is she already on Medicare because of SSDI? Because if she isn't, none of your questions make sense. Who is telling you that you need to do these things?

What is RWB?

She just needs a medicare number with a pending medicare effective date. If you have MARx access you can run her through there with name/dob/social to see if MBI has been issued yet.

Is she already on Medicare because of SSDI? Because if she isn't, none of your questions make sense. Who is telling you that you need to do these things?

What is RWB?

No, she’s new to medicare, I’m just explaining that she said she said she will have part A and B on October 1st, as a new to medicare recipient.

It’s the Red white and blue card I’m speaking of.

An Aetna agent told me to do the award letter, and a different agent told me to have them instead do a Sep 1 part A and B.

Wait til Sally gets a letter with her Medicare number on it or her Medicare card and then submit the MAPD app. Not sure why someone would tell her to get a 9/1 eff date.

Ok, thanks. I’m guessing because if she got a 9/1 A and B effective date, she would get ether medicare number and it would give a month leeway?

She just needs a medicare number with a pending medicare effective date. If you have MARx access you can run her through there with name/dob/social to see if MBI has been issued yet.

Thanks. I dont know what MARx is, so I know I dont have access to that. I wonder if any carriers have this function...

No, she’s new to medicare, I’m just explaining that she said she said she will have part A and B on October 1st, as a new to medicare recipient.

It’s the Red white and blue card I’m speaking of.

An Aetna agent told me to do the award letter, and a different agent told me to have them instead do a Sep 1 part A and B.

Ok, thanks. I’m guessing because if she got a 9/1 A and B effective date, she would get ether medicare number and it would give a month leeway?

Thanks. I dont know what MARx is, so I know I dont have access to that. I wonder if any carriers have this function...

Aetna and Anthem both do - I would imagine they all can get you access to MARx.

No she was born after Oct 1. Yeah I’m not sure the reasoning, which is why I figured I’d run it by yall

Back