Are med sups doomed ?

I won't argue that MAPD pays more commission. I just wrote one 10 minutes ago. Get $601.00 for MA plan, $70 for HRA and around $200 for GTL HI plan. North of $800 for each new member. Cost Plans pay the same as MA minus the HRA and GTL bc it's not needed. I'm not sure what Med Sups pay in my area but guessing around $25.00/month for 6 years. MA and Cost are lifetime commissions too.

I still show all 3 options in an unbiased way but all choose the MAPD or Cost Plan. Very few that I write aren't true-ups. Not sure where or what Don is writing, suppose it's bc he does so much D-SNP which I very seldom run into.

The whole higher commission med Supp agents love to spew is completely wrong. It’s a tool they use when explaining to clients why they don’t offer MAPD. Most agents sell non t65’s and make much less per sale than a med Supp agent.
Let's go back to the old days when the average med supp commission was 65% first year and 15% lifetime renewals and see how many agents are touting MA.

How so?

According to CMS the max commission in the majority of states for 2024 is $611 for a first timer and $306 for a renewal. How is that less than a supplement which will average around $300?

Yes, a t65 MAPD in Fl is slightly higher. But I mentioned most MAPD sales, which are non t65.

What about the proliferation of rookie agents that are pounding on the T65 crowd. Facebook, YouTube, etc. They're coming out of the woodwork.

New agents have a shot in hell doing well in the T65 market. All the new agents will be lucky to get 1-2 sales a month from T65’s.

Let's go back to the old days when the average med supp commission was 65% first year and 15% lifetime renewals and see how many agents are touting MA.

I agree. If I could show a t65 a $50/month premium vs a $190, I could see the point of 100% med Supp clients all day.

Bullshit. You

Horse shit. True ups are much higher than that.

It may look that way out there in trailer park land but the rest of us on here are actually selling the stuff.

Don’t you always say you live in dirt poor s ga ? Hell I bet you got thousands of trailer parks . Go sell in there with trailer park trash attitude and you’ll leave missing your teethe . Saw a lady today . She was deaf . Had old plan because nobody can communicate with her . I got her $175 food card and dental . She has no teeth . She cried when I showed her she can get dentures at no cost . Call me a agent who deals with poor people . But it made me feel good . And by the way . I’ll be more than happy today compare Medicare 1099’s at yr end . We’ll put a big wager on it . Let’s see if trailer park Don kicks ass . Lmao

The decision is between the Dr and the client as long as it's a medicare approved charge with the supplement Which Medicare Advantage is supposed to offer same coverage on Medicare Advange the decisions are between the carrier, the dr, and the client.

It really doesn't matter what the contract says if the provider refuses to participate in the plan and/or does not agree to the reimbursement level and conditions in the claim offer.

I won't argue that MAPD pays more commission. I just wrote one 10 minutes ago. Get $601.00 for MA plan, $70 for HRA and around $200 for GTL HI plan. North of $800 for each new member. Cost Plans pay the same as MA minus the HRA and GTL bc it's not needed. I'm not sure what Med Sups pay in my area but guessing around $25.00/month for 6 years. MA and Cost are lifetime commissions too.

I still show all 3 options in an unbiased way but all choose the MAPD or Cost Plan. Very few that I write aren't true-ups. Not sure where or what Don is writing, suppose it's bc he does so much D-SNP which I very seldom run into.
They are pretty comparable.

On your MA example, the HRA is a one time deal and usually unless you switch their plan again. The HI plan is also heavily paid commission in the first year and not much after so:

601 + 70 + 200= $871 Year 1
301 Year 2
301 Year 3
301 Year 4
301 Year 5
301 Year 6

Total : $2,376

vs. Supplement

300 + 92
300 + 46
300 + 46
300 + 46
300 + 46
300 + 46

Total: $2,122

Also if you rewrite the supp after a few years, it starts the 6 years over and the commission amount will be higher than it was.

They are pretty comparable.

On your MA example, the HRA is a one time deal and usually unless you switch their plan again. The HI plan is also heavily paid commission in the first year and not much after so:

601 + 70 + 200= $871 Year 1
301 Year 2
301 Year 3
301 Year 4
301 Year 5
301 Year 6

Total : $2,376

vs. Supplement

300 + 92
300 + 46
300 + 46
300 + 46
300 + 46
300 + 46

Total: $2,122

Also if you rewrite the supp after a few years, it starts the 6 years over and the commission amount will be higher than it was.

Yeah, I don't think it's a huge difference in the long run. If the client passes away (1st 6 years) it's kind of nice that it's front loaded the 1st year. GTL would be about $36.00/year after 1st year for 10 years and MA renewals go up to new rate each year but don't amount to much for 1 person but adds up on several hundred clients each year. Like a nice raise.

Back