Are these the "end Days" for Medicare Advantage?

FWIW, I can count on one hand the number of times a Medigap client wanted to switch to MA, but I get 2 - 3 calls a month from someone with a MA that wants a Medigap plan.

It is almost always when they, or their spouse, had a change in health. Wonder why?

Of course by then it is too late. They can't qualify for Medigap.

Judging by the sneak peaks, I feel like I'm going to have to sit down with 2/3 of my clients at least!! I'm wondering if it's worth it to commit more time and energy to growing the MA business. There's always "cross-selling"- I suppose.

In SA, I would assume you would need to keep the MA business, but I would focus on growing the Med Supp. You will still add MA via referral, but the money vs time ratio is so much better in Med Supp.

what sneak peeks are you referring to? I have only seen the UHC sneak peek, and it didnt really seem to be anything to write home about...

You haven't been in it long and I'm used to seeing big changes in the wrong direction. UHC is exactly the same as this year except a ded on brands. No one picks that plan because it has the best benefits. They have it for the doctors and it's a PPO. I doubt 5% of my UHC clients would move.

I've seen Coventry. Looks really good. Cp should stay the same or close to it and WellCare claims to keep the rebate.
On appts I warn all my clients that they should expect the plan to get worse every year so they aren't surprised

In SA, I would assume you would need to keep the MA business, but I would focus on growing the Med Supp. You will still add MA via referral, but the money vs time ratio is so much better in Med Supp.

Yep. SA is mostly a blue collar town with a lot of ppl that need constant guidance. An MA rep truly earns his/her piddly commission in this area. I'm really only interested In maintaining, but it needs much more time than usual.

Tell the 40% in Los Angeles that MA is dying. And a similar number in most of TN.

While I think the PMPM should be on par with Medicare I don't see them going away.

Agents that sell $2,500 yr supps vs. $6,350 OOP for MA plans are doing their clients a disservice. Most people won't approach $1K in costs.

Rick

I wish they ALL could be California plans!!!! Calif has something for EVERYBODY and give the store away-even with all of their overpaid company "executive" monkeys.

----------

I wish they ALL could be California plans!!!! Calif plans have something for EVERYBODY and give the store away-even with all of their overpaid company "executive" monkeys at those companies.

Tell the 40% in Los Angeles that MA is dying. And a similar number in most of TN.

While I think the PMPM should be on par with Medicare I don't see them going away.

Agents that sell $2,500 yr supps vs. $6,350 OOP for MA plans are doing their clients a disservice. Most people won't approach $1K in costs.

Rick

Yeah but there Med supp will pay that entire 1,000.00 in claims ( average claims probably more like 350.00 though ) every time time like clockwork and the policy holders doesn't have to pay a dime of it !

Typical conversation with a risk management challenged MA prospect:

Me to the prospect - you mean you didn't pay anything other than the 200.00 monthly premium right?

Prospect to me - well that comes out of my checking account automatically so I don't even think about it and besides that I wouldn't give up my policy for nothing because they have been real good to me and I like I told you before I don't pay for nothing !

I do find MA is a nessasary evil

I will always have need to offer them

However Many time when explained well and someone understands
If they can afford it they will go supplement

and its not just about cost
I will tell them many times if its all about cost
if you are on OK health you will probably spend less with MA

But many times it comes down to the freedom

MA is more and more restrictive

I only sell supps, no MA.
All my clients are old and seem to get older each year.
None of my clients health gets better as they age.
I never get a call that their specialized provider is not in network.
I never get a call they did not pay the claim.
I never get a call that they can't afford the OOP.
I and my clients love med supps.

I only sell supps, no MA.
All my clients are old and seem to get older each year.
None of my clients health gets better as they age.
I never get a call that their specialized provider is not in network.
I never get a call they did not pay the claim.
I never get a call that they can't afford the OOP.
I and my clients love med supps.

...and how many times have you had to take AHIP?

Back