Argh ! Spent over a week looking for a Agency to work for!

CHS137

Expert
I started last year and got my license through a company that turned out to be an MLM...Well at least I got my license really felt deceived though. I ve been looking for over a week to find a good NON MLM agency to work for. Found a company that looked promising and told them I wasn't interested in an MLM style company. It should be law that an MLM company must identify as one.. I asked the HR flat out if its an MLM after seeing a post on Glassdoor she said have you spoken to your Upline.. I almost lost it ! She said you don't have to recruit if you dont want to..Argh. ( I Didn't name any companies because I am not trying to bash them just looking for help)

I know the top companies are not MLMs they have Managers not up lines , You can in some cases build your own agency if you meet certain criteria not because you recruit someone into the business.

So what agencies or companies are good to work for that are non MLM ?

CHS137, There are many top companies that are MLM, but just because they have an upline does not make that bad. I know the company I am with (Primerica) is superb and while I do have an upline, I have the ability to make great income with just one area of the many services we provided and NOT build a team. I am retired Military and looked at all kinds of opportunities before I chose this one. The education we have received in fundamental finance and what we we can pass to our clients is more than the clients typically get when they originally applied for policies that years later did not perform to their expectations. There are differences that identify an MLM and a Company that may look like MLM but really isn't.
to give you an idea,
Typical MLM has this type of structure.
-they are Privately owned
-Based in a basement or HOME-office, if any
-Sales based on INTERNAL consumption, examples would be (amway, herbalife, Melaluca)
-makes money off of the new recruits start up cost.
-owned by a few founders
-very few make any real income
-mostly in unregulated industries
-inflated prices for Products/services
-artificial/fabricated demand
-need to get in on the "ground floor"

again, its all about looking at what the company does and in my opinion the Integrity of what they do and how they help make things better for people.

CHS137, There are many top companies that are MLM, but just because they have an upline does not make that bad. I know the company I am with (Primerica) is superb and while I do have an upline, I have the ability to make great income with just one area of the many services we provided and NOT build a team. I am retired Military and looked at all kinds of opportunities before I chose this one. The education we have received in fundamental finance and what we we can pass to our clients is more than the clients typically get when they originally applied for policies that years later did not perform to their expectations. There are differences that identify an MLM and a Company that may look like MLM but really isn't.
to give you an idea,
Typical MLM has this type of structure.
-they are Privately owned
-Based in a basement or HOME-office, if any
-Sales based on INTERNAL consumption, examples would be (amway, herbalife, Melaluca)
-makes money off of the new recruits start up cost.
-owned by a few founders
-very few make any real income
-mostly in unregulated industries
-inflated prices for Products/services
-artificial/fabricated demand
-need to get in on the "ground floor"
again, its all about looking at what the company does and in my opinion the Integrity of what they do and how they help make things better for people.

Yes, Primerica was always and will always be MLM based. If you would put down that glass of Kool-aide for a second you will discover some wonderful things about the independent world of insurance. Primerica ain't it! How do I know? Been there many years ago and I have 1st hand experience.

You don't know what you don't know.

CHS137, to each their own, I think it all comes down to the support you have, I have been with other companies before while I was active duty, and most lack the leadership needed to be able to truly succeed in it, especially when you get involved and then are kind of left on your own to do whatever. I guess I have just found myself lucky this time. my wife and I are currently state licensed and are on the federal licensing path right now. with the company sponsoring everything, it came down to a great opportunity in my opinion.
good luck with your search, it can be a daunting one.

Back