Ari Galper's Unlock the Game

mmaedelins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey Everyone,
I've only been in the insurance business for a few months now and have a pretty good success rate cold calling so far. But, I have been reading off of a basic script. I just discovered Ari Galper's Unlock the Game methods today and was wondering if anyone has had any success using his methods and if you have any tips/tricks for me as I give this a shot.
PS. I mainly focus on selling commercial insurance.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Everyone,
I've only been in the insurance business for a few months now and have a pretty good success rate cold calling so far. But, I have been reading off of a basic script. I just discovered Ari Galper's Unlock the Game methods today and was wondering if anyone has had any success using his methods and if you have any tips/tricks for me as I give this a shot.
PS. I mainly focus on selling commercial insurance.

Thanks in advance!

What's the basic script you use?

I try to sound as natural as possible but it basically goes like this...

"Hi, how are you today? Great! My name is....and I work for.... We actually specialize in insurance for ..... businesses and I can generally save my clients anywhere from 10 to 20% off of what they are currently paying. I'm just calling today to see if you'd like to do a free quote and see what I can save you?"

My response rate has been pretty good (I think). For every 25 calls I make, I get at least 3-5 who want quotes right away and at least 8-10 more who give me their renewal date and ask me to call closer to renewal.

"Hi, how are you today? Great! My name is....and I work for.... We actually specialize in insurance for ..... businesses and I can generally save my clients anywhere from 10 to 20% off of what they are currently paying. I'm just calling today to see if you'd like to do a free quote and see what I can save you?"

My response rate has been pretty good (I think). For every 25 calls I make, I get at least 3-5 who want quotes right away and at least 8-10 more who give me their renewal date and ask me to call closer to renewal.

If you're getting those results from that script, you must give good phone. I remember when I started I looked at his stuff briefly, but never bit the bullet and bought any of it. I think you're finding out that doing the activity is 90% of the issue. I've come to think that people like Ari (although they have good information) are mainly a way to capitalize off of people with call reluctance that don't feel like they can start calling until they have everything perfect.

"Hi, how are you today? Great!

Maybe I am odd but I hate that line - it is so trite.

Whenever someone calls with How are you today, I immediately ask "What are you trying to sell me."

OR. "Whatever your trying to sell me I am not interested" click.

Don't waste my time with How are you - they really don't care and in my mind is one of the greatest tunoffs since you know its someone you don't want to talk to and a product you don't want. Just my view, don't waste my time which such triteness.

Looking at Ari's site and lots of info.. I like some of his ideas but haven't figured out what he is going to sell me - free offers, actually good ideas .. but haven't figured out what he is "selling".

I am a get to the darn point person, not the sales hype..which is maybe why I so far like Ari's style on brief skimming. But I don't have time to listen to the 45 minute sales video...just tell me what and how much :(

"Hi, how are you today? Great!

From the other side of the call - I may be odd but when I hear this I respond "What are you selling me".

Or, "Whatever your selling I have no interest" Click.

In my weird view this is the most overused silly, obnoxious, trite opening.

Say who you are and get to the point - don't ask me an irrelevant dumb question where I 'm sure you could care less how I am your just trying to trick me into thinking your actually interested.

Or I would reply I am terribly today because I get so many sales calls. I never buy anything over the phone, if I am interested in something I will find it.

I know I over react but please do not ask me how I am as a sales intro :(

Making the first call of the day is definitely the hardest but, overall, I don't really have the fear that most people have when cold calling. Once I realized that they couldn't come through the phone and beat the crap out of me, I got over that reluctance real quick. :twitchy:

But, I am always on the lookout for a move effective way to cold call. Anyone out there try out his method of starting the call with, "Hi! I was wondering if you can help me...." and, when they say of course, you go into asking them a question about a problem or need you know their company must have that you can solve?

Has this been more or less effective then the traditional method of cold calling?

Thanks in advance!

I looked into this once. Even called their sales phone and talked to one of the counselers.

Its about relationship building, not being pushy, letting the client come to you. This MIGHT work for commercial, but my experience with the counseler left me realizing it wasn't for personal lines at all and I really wondered if it would work for most insurance products.

Perhaps the counseler I was talking to just hadn't mastered it yet, but I ended the conversation feeling very uninformed and like she was trying to tease me with information, not really giving me any information except the answer to the exact question I asked. Of course, I was asking open ended questions to try to understand the system.

I got frustrated over the conversation, never looked back at the system.

Dan

His stuff deals with the subconscious and the intuition. It may take a little while to "get" what he's saying but his goal is to help you enjoy selling and become a happier salesman. It's all about changing your mindset which in turn will change your spiel and behavior. JMO

Back