Assurant: Elvis Has Left The Building

You're right: not one mention about contact your agent/broker. That is again, poor treatment. We're really getting the shaft in a lot of ways right now. Shame on you, Assurant.

we got a blurb on the back.......

Attachments

• assurant2.pdf
    476.4 KB · Views: 9
I learned today that all of your client discontinuation letters are in the attachments tab in the "View My Book" section of your broker portal.

I also learned that some NON Grandfathered policies are are being extended into 2016. From what I can tell, it's before 12/1/2012 effective dates. I have come across 2 so far that extend to 7/31/2016

Sti didn't have a broker. He bought direct.

no......I bought through me.....never got paid though......maybe one day I will get it back from the texas unclaimed money fund.......

----------

I also learned that some NON Grandfathered policies are are being extended into 2016. From what I can tell, it's before 12/1/2012 effective dates. I have come across 2 so far that extend to 7/31/2016

mine was Grandfathered..........

I learned today that all of your client discontinuation letters are in the attachments tab in the "View My Book" section of your broker portal.

That's two more than I have-I went through my book and none have been extended. Everyone had 'Discontinuation' letters dated 6/22/15.

Not having any mention of 'Contact your Agent' on the letters is really bad as well, at least they are paying commissions on a timely basis.

I found out this week that AHCP/Velapoint bought parts of Assurant pretty much for the client list only.

Sorry guys. At least you know now and can take steps to retain your people.

Last edited:
I found out this week that AHCP/Velapoint bought parts of Assurant pretty much for the client list only. They bought them for the leads.

Contact your clients and be proactive. Velapoint paid big bucks to buy Assurant's contact list for marketing, and Assurant is complying with the terms of the sale.

Sorry guys. At least you know now and can take steps to retain your people.

If all this is true, why are you telling the world that? If I bought the list, I'd be telling you to keep your trap shut.

If all this is true, why are you telling the world that? If I bought the list, I'd be telling you to keep your trap shut.

Because I'm an independent AHCP agent, not an in-house Velapoint agent, and there needs to be a balance of power in the industry if we want it to remain sustainable.

They'll also still profit even if those of us who actually read this retain our clients.

Regardless, I will be destroying that piece of news after just long enough for our regulars to see it and you should too if you like getting information from time to time.

Back