Attention MD,AL, GA, and CA P&C Agents. I Need Carriers Please!

Re: Attention MD,AL, GA, and CA P&C Agents. I Need Carriers Pleas

Nothing for NC or SC?

I totally missed these responses, thanks guys! I don't have access to some carriers in CA yet because we are getting licensed there.

So here is the list I have right now:

CA:
Safeco
Travelers
Mercury

GA:
Safeco
Donegal
Auto-owners

AL:
Safeco
Donegal
Auto-owners

MD:
Kemper
Safeco
Travelers

Does this sound about right to you guys? Also, is Metlife still competitive in CA or did that start to go away? I know a some time back they were so competitive that they were beating out USAA and other carriers but I haven't been keeping up.

Thanks again for the help!

Nothing for NC or SC?

I already had plenty of NC and SC carriers. That was why I was asking about the rest. My agency operates in numerous states because of the agency relationship with other companies. NC, SC, and VA were easy. AL, GA, MD, and CA were a little trickier.

Are you still trying to get around with carriers or do you have yourself setup with an indy agency already?

I already had plenty of NC and SC carriers. That was why I was asking about the rest. My agency operates in numerous states because of the agency relationship with other companies. NC, SC, and VA were easy. AL, GA, MD, and CA were a little trickier.

Are you still trying to get around with carriers or do you have yourself setup with an indy agency already?

How is Kemper working for you in MD? The rep stopped by my office I'm considering bringing them into my agency.

How is Kemper working for you in MD? The rep stopped by my office I'm considering bringing them into my agency.

They are hit and miss, though it depends on where you are in the state. I sometimes find Safeco does better. We consistently beat out Travelers though and Allstate usually. Erie gives us some issues sometimes but we can win out on price with them, too.

Coastal MD is a little rough, I'm not going to lie. And they have a paper app you have to submit to underwriting for an umbrella policy.

I think they would do you well but I don't think there is a niche there that they fill that other companies don't. If you already have some strong carriers I don't think they are going to come in and break the bank for you. But if you need 2-3 good carriers I think Safeco and Kemper are good to go.

By the way, who do you use now? I'm looking to maybe add 1-2 carriers for the state.

They are hit and miss, though it depends on where you are in the state. I sometimes find Safeco does better. We consistently beat out Travelers though and Allstate usually. Erie gives us some issues sometimes but we can win out on price with them, too.

Coastal MD is a little rough, I'm not going to lie. And they have a paper app you have to submit to underwriting for an umbrella policy.

I think they would do you well but I don't think there is a niche there that they fill that other companies don't. If you already have some strong carriers I don't think they are going to come in and break the bank for you. But if you need 2-3 good carriers I think Safeco and Kemper are good to go.

By the way, who do you use now? I'm looking to maybe add 1-2 carriers for the state.

Erie has 80% of my business and they just expanded the underwriting guidelines May 1 so it has been good. The only carrier giving me issues is GEICO really. I have Safeco who is only competitive on the multi-car households and the Kemper rep did say their rates can give Erie a run for their money. A few Erie agents in MD are looking at adding them.

If you are looking to add a carrier in MD look at Encompass they are pretty good too.

I am looking for one to get appointed with, taking the test in the next few weeks and want to be Indy but still not really sure. You looking for any agents in SC lol

I am looking for one to get appointed with, taking the test in the next few weeks and want to be Indy but still not really sure. You looking for any agents in SC lol

Possibly but you need to either be experienced or be willing to come to my office for some training first. PM me if you are legitimately interested..

Back