Auction Title?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
A friend of mine purchased an insurance car at an auction. What are the rules regarding

-salvage title
-rebuilt title

Can he get full coverage on either one of these titles?

Thanks for your input

A friend of mine purchased an insurance car at an auction. What are the rules regarding

-salvage title
-rebuilt title

Why? Was he given a salvage or rebuilt title?

When you answer that question include the state as the rules probably differ from state to state.

Can he get full coverage on either one of these titles?

That's a question he should have asked his insurance agent by now. My guess is that some insurance companies will and some won't.

Chances are that the vehicle cannot be covered for collision or comprehensive since an insurance carrier has already "paid" for the value of the vehicle already. He also might not be able to sell the vehicle once it is registered to him.

Why? Was he given a salvage or rebuilt title?

When you answer that question include the state as the rules probably differ from state to state.

That's a question he should have asked his insurance agent by now. My guess is that some insurance companies will and some won't.

Sorry I miss spoke. I meant to say he’s looking at purchasing an automobile at a insurance auction. Can he get full coverage insurance?

PS we are in Florida thank you

Sorry I miss spoke. I meant to say he’s looking at purchasing an automobile at a insurance auction. Can he get full coverage insurance?

PS we are in Florida thank you
He needs to find out if it is a clean title or salvage title. Once salvaged,(insurance has paid the value of the vehicle), many states have a rigorous inspection to make sure it is road worthy before tags can be given to the owner and the insurance carrier of your friend will have rules in place as to whether it can have liability only or full coverage

He needs to find out if it is a clean title or salvage title. Once salvaged,(insurance has paid the value of the vehicle), many states have a rigorous inspection to make sure it is road worthy before tags can be given to the owner and the insurance carrier of your friend will have rules in place as to whether it can have liability only or full coverage

thanks

Florida doesn’t do any inspections on cars anymore. At one time many years ago you did but no longer.

I’m sure a title says salvage or rebuilt. I guess he can call’s his agent and find out what kind of coverage he can get

thanks

Florida doesn’t do any inspections on cars anymore. At one time many years ago you did but no longer.

I’m sure a title says salvage or rebuilt. I guess he can call’s his agent and find out what kind of coverage he can get

In Florida, after a vehicle has been damaged but is considered rebuildable, it is given a salvage rebuildable title. Once it has been restored and a physical examination performed by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (the Department), it is given a rebuilt title.

Back