Auto Dialer

You sound retarded...... either nothing about what you posted you claim your intelligent?

Semantics. Powerdialer, Queerdialer, whatever, I know nothing about them. I just know it's illegal to dial folks at home who are on the DNC list (most), so good luck with that. It's not really enforced by the pansies at the FTC but it HAS been enforced by private attorneys, and fines have been levied. Doesn't mean I agree with it, I'm a patriot (see avatar on left) and think anyone should be able to call anyone else by any means and for whatever reason. If the other person doesn't like it, they can just hang up; I do it all the time.

Josh, perhaps a detailed explanation and the geeky ins and outs of dialers would be in order here (or point to the post if one already exists).

I'm old school. I have this square box thingie that has buttons on it with numbers. If I push the right numbers (that someone has given me, or I know via a business relationship, unless, of course, it IS a business [which, I don't call businesses - figger that'n out], this magic box will connect me to a person who has a box similar to mine, and I can strike up a friendly conversation. My grandma used to do it all day, that's how come I know how. :goofy:

Anyway, be careful out there, we have a regime in power that now knows NO boundaries, now that they aren't worried about another election, or probably any elections again, ever. Wouldn't want to be "bothering" their constituency and future pool of Obamacare "clients" and whatever else they come up with. We still have Pelosi too, remember? Even THEY won't know what they've done until AFTER they've passed it, THEN we can read about it and see what it was that was rammed down, er, passed.

I will add this. I'm a little peeved at autodialers, because, although my home phone is on the DNC list, I get these calls all the time, and I know how they work. They waste my time when I say "hello" and no one responds because they are multi-dialing and got another hit and can't talk to two blokes at the same time. So, that's a two in one.

The idiots who DO get through are from out of state peddling FE and I take that as an assault on my "territory" (don't be calling my folks and peddling crap) and further it's an insult that they think I'm old. :D

Semantics. Powerdialer, Queerdialer, whatever, I know nothing about them. I just know it's illegal to dial folks at home who are on the DNC list (most), so good luck with that. It's not really enforced by the pansies at the FTC but it HAS been enforced by private attorneys, and fines have been levied. Doesn't mean I agree with it, I'm a patriot (see avatar on left) and think anyone should be able to call anyone else by any means and for whatever reason. If the other person doesn't like it, they can just hang up; I do it all the time.

Josh, perhaps a detailed explanation and the geeky ins and outs of dialers would be in order here (or point to the post if one already exists).

I'm old school. I have this square box thingie that has buttons on it with numbers. If I push the right numbers (that someone has given me, or I know via a business relationship, unless, of course, it IS a business [which, I don't call businesses - figger that'n out], this magic box will connect me to a person who has a box similar to mine, and I can strike up a friendly conversation. My grandma used to do it all day, that's how come I know how. :goofy:

Anyway, be careful out there, we have a regime in power that now knows NO boundaries, now that they aren't worried about another election, or probably any elections again, ever. Wouldn't want to be "bothering" their constituency and future pool of Obamacare "clients" and whatever else they come up with. We still have Pelosi too, remember? Even THEY won't know what they've done until AFTER they've passed it, THEN we can read about it and see what it was that was rammed down, er, passed.

I will add this. I'm a little peeved at autodialers, because, although my home phone is on the DNC list, I get these calls all the time, and I know how they work. They waste my time when I say "hello" and no one responds because they are multi-dialing and got another hit and can't talk to two blokes at the same time. So, that's a two in one.

The idiots who DO get through are from out of state peddling FE and I take that as an assault on my "territory" (don't be calling my folks and peddling crap) and further it's an insult that they think I'm old. :D

Um...WOW! I'm thinking you're just checking this Forum out and you don't sell insurance let alone...anything?

We dial 12K plus lines a day. We scrub all our lists yet we still get ahold of people that say "I'm on the DNC" and politely let them know we will take their name off our list. It's that simple. By the posts you made on here, I can't imagine you are all that busy that a 15 second phone call(or less) screws up you're entire day? Actually sounds like you may have too much time on your hands?

Dialers are legal if you use them properly. You can dial resident's not on the DNC all day long. You just have to have a live person taking the calls. You can't have anything automated taking a call and having the customer Press 1(or whatever) then leave a vcm or be connected to a live person.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BTW...I'm part of those idiots that get through "peddle FE" LOL

Last edited:
Back