Using a Dialer that displays a local area code, good idea?

Dorian Calderon

Hi, I'm new to this fourm,and would like to start using a Dialer again. I have used Mojo in the past it works fine 95% of the time.

I just spoke to Salesdialer.com , their service is $20 cheaper for a single line, and has a feature to display a local area code. The negative is if the prospect calls back that "local" number its disconnected.

I'm a reverse mortgage guy , calling Seniors and I always leave a message with my 800 number.

Is using a local area code a good idea, or bad?

Thanks

I get quite a few robocalls daily from 404 (my local AC). Caller ID says "out of area" so it has a 98% probability of being a telemarketer.

I don't pick up.

They don't leave a message.

Occasionally I will pick up because some of my clients are cell only, no landline and the number looks "familiar". If I turns out to be a robocall I hang up and immediately report it as spam and block that number.

If I were the type to engage a telemarketer in conversation, I would probably ask what part of Atlanta?

Others may have a different opinion, but mine is, should you spoof a local AC? Nope.

Only use salesdialers local presence if you hate money.

You SHOULD get your own numbers and use those per each campaign, keeping each campaign focused on one area.

I'm not sure salesdialers even knows what their own local presence system does so there is zero chance they could properly represent this service (DO NOT use this service unless you hate $$$!)

For starters the local presence only works in some locations. Sales dialers wont tell you where it works and where it doesnt. So you could be calling Philadelphia just fine, then you wont understand why your production went to zero when you started calling the suburbs. Meanwhile these people are getting calls from NO NUMBER, 8888888888, or whatever weird no ID pops up on their phone. Salesdialers simply wont buy numbers in every location nor will they tell you where local presence works vs where it doesnt.

Even if they have numbers in that area, there is literally no way for you to know if you dialed that person w a proper ID or something COMPLETELY CRAZY... I've had clients ask me why I'm calling from dunking donuts, why I'm calling from Starbucks, why I'm calling from Pete's pianos pizza, etc... turns out, they are buying cheap used numbers which often have other business names attached.

And ofc course I had to figure all of this out myself. They dont care, it's your $$$ on the line here.

Salesdialers is actually a decent 1 line dialer solution, just dont use the local presence EVER, and dont expect salesdialers team to help you understand their software. I would bet they don't know the above issues re their own service.

Hi, I'm new to this fourm,and would like to start using a Dialer again. I have used Mojo in the past it works fine 95% of the time.

I just spoke to Salesdialer.com , their service is $20 cheaper for a single line, and has a feature to display a local area code. The negative is if the prospect calls back that "local" number its disconnected.

I'm a reverse mortgage guy , calling Seniors and I always leave a message with my 800 number.

Thanks

There is no reason to use the local presence feature in sales dialers. You can program it to show whatever number you like on the caller ID. If you pm me I'll let you use my discount and get that price down to $89.00 per month. This is the 4 line dialer. Contrary to what has been stated on a previous response on this thread, it is an excellent dialer up to 4 lines.

In addition, you can expect little to no issues with their dialer system using the 4 line dialer for your objectives.

I've been using SalesDialers for years. I find the comments about local AC interesting... I have used this feature, but have frankly always questioned the value. As to their product and service, I like their product and find their service to be outstanding.

One more comment, you indicate you are calling seniors. If you have been doing this for a while you probably know most have caller ID and many will not answer if they do not recognize the number . . . even if it is "local".

I get quite a few robocalls daily from 404 (my local AC). Caller ID says "out of area" so it has a 98% probability of being a telemarketer.

I don't pick up.

They don't leave a message.

Occasionally I will pick up because some of my clients are cell only, no landline and the number looks "familiar". If I turns out to be a robocall I hang up and immediately report it as spam and block that number.

If I were the type to engage a telemarketer in conversation, I would probably ask what part of Atlanta?

Others may have a different opinion, but mine is, should you spoof a local AC? Nope.
I almost didn't recognize you Bob. I like the new avatar!!! Yabba Dabba Doo. :yes:
One more comment, you indicate you are calling seniors. If you have been doing this for a while you probably know most have caller ID and many will not answer if they do not recognize the number . . . even if it is "local".

I'm with you Bob, I rarely pick up a non local call. If I don't have the # programmed in my phone, they can leave a message. It's usually some marketer trying to get me to sell a "new" Med Supp in my state(that I've already been writing for a year), or some recorded message in Chinese that shows #'s from all over the country. Haven't figured that one out yet. :wacko:

Back