Auto Leads

Tigerhoo

Expert
I'm captive and our rating engine requires a social entry for us to be able to do a quote. Do any of you know of any lead providers that include socials for insurance scoring purposes?

Thanks for your thoughts.

That was what I thought and have discovered thus far. Thx for the input. Need a rating engine that can insurance score by address or name some other technology that is not as intrusive.

I'm confused.
If you are talking with them then getting whatever information you need should be easy. If its not, then you need to back up and think about your approach.

If you aren't talking with them, then just run the quote with a mid-score or even a high score and put a disclaimer that real underwriting will change the rates.

Basically, you are not going to be asking anything everyone else isn't asking. Just ask, don't think twice about it, they will probably just answer.

OR

Move to California. Socials are not used in ratings, but may be used in CLUE report requests. I still get them all the time.

Dan

I'm confused.
If you are talking with them then getting whatever information you need should be easy. If its not, then you need to back up and think about your approach.

If you aren't talking with them, then just run the quote with a mid-score or even a high score and put a disclaimer that real underwriting will change the rates.

Basically, you are not going to be asking anything everyone else isn't asking. Just ask, don't think twice about it, they will probably just answer.

OR

Move to California. Socials are not used in ratings, but may be used in CLUE report requests. I still get them all the time.

Dan

I have not used auto insurance leads previously and I get what you are saying, and yes I will hopefully be talking to them.

Given it will be internet based, I think after calling and building some rapport I can get socials sometime, but it may not always be so easy given the nature of lead.

Unfortunately, I do not have the capability to run a quote at high or mid levels without social. I must have the social to even begin the quote.

Anyone with much experience with this type of marketing have difficulty obtaining socials after speaking potential customers with internet derived leads?

Also, anyone know of leads that are prescored? We are particularly competitive with medium range scores.

Tiger,

No disrespect intended, but there is no captive company that makes a social MANDATORY for quoting. Sure it helps solidify the estimate. Every captive company also has access to reports that can "pull" DL#, VINs and SS#. Whether or not they provide it for you in a certain area is up to them. (sometimes they charge a reasonable fee for this feature)

Another thing you MUST understand, is the CRI-insurance score-FICA or whatever else it may be called is NOT a credit score, nor can it affect it.

When following up on leads, I suggest you do not call to "confirm" information, they will feel that their previous efforts were a waste of time.

You have about 3 minutes to keep them interested, they do not want to answer 50 questions, they have better things to do. Have something prepared based on the information given, and let them know that with a few pieces of additional information you will do your darndest to get them more discounts and save them more! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back