Bad experience so far, Medicareagenttraining.com

Can one create a custom mailer and send it to CMS for approval? What is the process?
you only have to get pieces pre-approved if it is, by MMG definition, "branded material", meaning it contains carrier and/or product specific info.

Just use generic pieces, they work well, and it's easier.

But if you decide to go the branded route, working with an FMO will make that process easier. Give it to them, and they will do the leg work for you

Can one create a custom mailer and send it to CMS for approval? What is the process?
Congrats on getting your license but you have a long way to go still. You need to pick up some actual contracts w/ carriers to offer their products and if you're talking SOA - there's going to be additional REQUIRED training with every carrier that you want to sell. That additional training will answer some of your questions. G'luck.

You could get some marketing materials approved through CMS, but I think it might be the path of most resistance. You must realize, that the insurance companies area already doing this, with much deeper pockets.

Find out what you can send without needing pre approval. But still, there is a lot of competition for this, so keep it simple, be different, and send a TON of mail.

My advice, dont try to reinvent the marketing wheel. Everything has been figured out. You just have to follow the steps. Like going to the gym, put in the work, get results. Or, cooking, follow the recipe... it aint sexy, but that is the truth.

However, you may want to study sales, and such. This is one area you can learn and apply quickly.

You dont want to spend a TON of time on mailing, get to a prospect, show them the options, but then get a "let me think about it" and never hear from them again.

I wouldn't be too afraid to take a little haircut on commissions, in exchange for solid training.

Even after I had years of sales experience with the senior market, I would take my mentor on sales calls an split the deal with him, on my leads, just to learn from him. Many other agents would get greedy, they didnt want to share any commissions. They wanted all of the sale for themselves. Dont be greedy, but dont be dumb. And realize agents who aren't closing the deal, are volunteers.

You could get some marketing materials approved through CMS, but I think it might be the path of most resistance. You must realize, that the insurance companies area already doing this, with much deeper pockets.

Find out what you can send without needing pre approval. But still, there is a lot of competition for this, so keep it simple, be different, and send a TON of mail.

My advice, dont try to reinvent the marketing wheel. Everything has been figured out. You just have to follow the steps. Like going to the gym, put in the work, get results. Or, cooking, follow the recipe... it aint sexy, but that is the truth.

However, you may want to study sales, and such. This is one area you can learn and apply quickly.

You dont want to spend a TON of time on mailing, get to a prospect, show them the options, but then get a "let me think about it" and never hear from them again.

I wouldn't be too afraid to take a little haircut on commissions, in exchange for solid training.

Even after I had years of sales experience with the senior market, I would take my mentor on sales calls an split the deal with him, on my leads, just to learn from him. Many other agents would get greedy, they didnt want to share any commissions. They wanted all of the sale for themselves. Dont be greedy, but dont be dumb. And realize agents who aren't closing the deal, are volunteers.
Thank You.

Back