Bankruptcy - can I be an agent?

no... and the hole you keep digging with the blow by blow comments about how u people do things is only proving my point and problem i had with u to begin with... in my view my point has been proven... so im now done with this topic and u

" in my view my point has been proven... so im now done with this topic and u "

Well - then quit posting or are you waiting for "donkeys to fly"?

Hey - what about the over/under wager mouth? You and xrac put it up . . . You said "who wants some action" . . .

Tom

p.s. - I explain our marketing to show you how things can be done with a little forward thinking and effort. A man wanted a mini call center - we developed an idea to provide it to him. At the same time - it gave us the idea to duplicate the concept and market it. We can take on a Call Center Setup every week and still provide service to existing clients and agents.

Get over yourself peeler and put your $10k up . . . Get a cashiers check for $10k made payable to Thomas Coleman and I'll get one made to you. Let's find someone reliable to hold them and release them to whoever wins the bet. 8 months from September 1st - payoff date May 1st, 2009.

" in my view my point has been proven... so im now done with this topic and u "

Well - then quit posting or are you waiting for "donkeys to fly"?

Hey - what about the over/under wager mouth? You and xrac put it up . . . You said "who wants some action" . . .

Tom

p.s. - I explain our marketing to show you how things can be done with a little forward thinking and effort. A man wanted a mini call center - we developed an idea to provide it to him. At the same time - it gave us the idea to duplicate the concept and market it. We can take on a Call Center Setup every week and still provide service to existing clients and agents.

Get over yourself peeler and put your $10k up . . . Get a cashiers check for $10k made payable to Thomas Coleman and I'll get one made to you. Let's find someone reliable to hold them and release them to whoever wins the bet. 8 months from September 1st - payoff date May 1st, 2009.

Tom, I am not sure how I got dragged into this one since I only said that there would be a lot of turn over. I made no predictions on success or failure. You may be very successful but it is not my vision of business.

Last edited:
The non-med market addresses a need in much the same way as final expense. Both are geared toward (mostly) small face amounts and "liberalized" underwriting.

What Tom has done is develop a business model to address the needs of a certain segment of the market.

One can argue the WSM industry does likewise by peddling small face amount life policies, STD, CI and cancer plans.

His business model is interesting. How it will work long run remains to be seen. On the outside it seems to be well thought out. My guess is it will work well for Tom.

How well it will work for the agents he has recruited remains to be seen. Based on his postings, it seems he is counting on high turnover which will leave the residual income to be paid (presumably) to Tom.

Or it may be that he will continue to pay the writing agent for a period of time. I can't say that I recall what happens after an agent leaves.

It would appear that Tom has little of his own money in the game. That is not a criticism, just a guess. Nothing wrong with that. He has created an opportunity for new agents who can capitalize the venture ($10,000 or so) and be willing to ride it for a few months until it (presumably) generates a positive cash flow.

I don't know Tom other than the few conversations we have had and his postings. I have my doubts but I also will say I am impressed at what he has put together in a short time. His business model is intriguing to say the least.

In a way it reminds me of an annuity shop that came to Atlanta a few years from (I think) Texas. They were looking for individuals who had the capital to finance seminars using their prototype. Start up capital was $5,000 - $8,000 with the suggestion they would make $10,000 - $30,000 in their first seminar.

I looked very hard at this model and almost signed on. This was before the Dateline expose' on the annuity business but still it seemed that a lot of what they were doing bordered on deception. They recruited attorney's to assist in the presentation and to draft trust documents. The game was to place as much as possible in deferred annuities (with long tails) in order to "preserve" the estate and "make it possible to qualify for Medicaid".

Of course that part of it was a gross exaggeration.

They had impressive offices in Buckhead and lasted probably 2 years before they faded.

Many of the agents who worked that deal were making $100,000 - $300,000 per year before they folded their tent. It was a good ride while it lasted.

" What Tom has done is develop a business model to address the needs of a certain segment of the market. "

We developed an aggressive agent program for those wanting to make above-average $$ but not presently in the insurance business. We will write "qualified" clients through our AIG or Shenandoah connection - but, we are targeting the overweight and one or two aliment type clients - just not old ones. Target age 40 to 60.

" His business model is interesting. How it will work long run remains to be seen. On the outside it seems to be well thought out. My guess is it will work well for Tom. "

We hope so.

" How well it will work for the agents he has recruited remains to be seen. Based on his postings, it seems he is counting on high turnover which will leave the residual income to be paid (presumably) to Tom. "

Not so much "counting on" - but projecting it since we know it's a reality. Agents are vested according to the wishes of their Call Center Owner (CCO). We are going to suggest 50% vesting after one year of service and 100% after year two.

" It would appear that Tom has little of his own money in the game. That is not a criticism, just a guess. Nothing wrong with that. He has created an opportunity for new agents who can capitalize the venture ($10,000 or so) and be willing to ride it for a few months until it (presumably) generates a positive cash flow. "

1) I have plenty at stake in our Independent Agent program since we don't charge anything upfront for that except whatever the new agents licensing expenses and appointment fees may be - if any. In addition - we have lead cost incurred by creating leads for the new agents. However - as of Friday our focus will be on establishing Call Center Owners.

2) Yep - for $10k and Travel Expenses someone can be open a 4 seat Call Center operation and we handle everything except office space, remodeling, etc. We provide everything from hiring, training, custom call cubicles, networked computers, VOIP system, website, simple accounting system, assistance in agent licensing and agent appointments, leads (if desired) and best of all - our sales system.

Should a Call Center Owner wish to go it alone - they can - OR - they can utilize our Marketing Program for a 5% monthly fee based on commissions paid to the CCO.

" His business model is intriguing to say the least. "

Since the CCO will be doing 100% of the work and management of their Call Center after setup - all we have to do is provide ongoing training, fresh ideas and marketing support. This is actually our forte'.

We'll let you know how it turns out.

Tom

You have been in the health insurance business for one month?.... well according to DOI. Best keep that travel agency going.... your health clients have not even had enough time to make their first payment yet...lol

AMERICAN NATIONAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OF TEXAS ACTIVE 07/01/2008 GOLDEN RULE INSURANCE COMPANY ACTIVE 08/11/2008 GUARANTEE TRUST LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY ACTIVE 06/25/2008

I will repeat. ALL posts are avaiable on this forum.
You have been selling for around one month, you know nothing and from what I am seeing from your half truth rebuttals, you never will.
I am really sorry that I said you would be gone from this business in 6 months.
I have changed my mind, I now give it four.
You never seem to learn.

What are you trying to say 'eh?

I've been selling since 3/13/08.

Been selling health since about the beginning of June. Georgia is an immediate writing State. This means - as long as you hold a resident license, you can start writing biz while you wait for your appointment to place officially - if the carrier allows it.

Your point is what expat?

Tom

I will repeat. ALL posts are avaiable on this forum.
You have been selling for around one month, you know nothing and from what I am seeing from your half truth rebuttals, you never will.
I am really sorry that I said you would be gone from this business in 6 months.
I have changed my mind, I now give it four.
You never seem to learn.

I am totally confuse about how 2 threads that are very similar, dealing with myinsurebiz's business model, and the back and forth seems a complete waste of this website. Do you guys really care about this? Let him sink or swim, will know soon enough. I hope we can get back to more productive posts, this is just my opinion, not trying to get sideways with anyone. Frankly, I love to come across folks that buy this non med stuff, almost always an easy sale.

Well the simple answer to this question is yes with a caveat start small do it on the side because you likely dont have the cash flow to invest in ur business. Be a chicken entrepreneur.

1st target 5,000 AV consistently say with GR that will pay 1,000 comm assume 25% bad business since u dont know what ur doing so 750.00 comm dont worry about advance you wont get them but ur outlay for this assuming u are terrible will be 25 leads you close 1.3 sales cost 175-20% bad leads approximately 140 week expe= 610 net annual for that case do that for a awhile tracking 30k a year then double lead outlay and then triple and within one year or less you will be on a six figure pace.

I repeat dont worry about advance due to the BK however.

This business on the healthside is not difficult do not attempt to sell the complex products initially and always sell the produst that the client affords and needs

Back