Be Careful of the Word "Exchange" for Your Website

Hey John, are you speaking from experience or something?

John has said many times he voluntarily let his license go because Maryland requires a classroom environment for CE....John to bad you did not move earlier as your new state might have a different stance on CE. Don't get me wrong I am all for continueing education but the courses some of these states approve are a joke, I am glad I am able to take the course online and immediatly jump to the exam compared to mandatory annuity product training and Ahip and MA and PDP plan training its a piece of cake 30 minutes every 2 years.

John has said many times he voluntarily let his license go because Maryland requires a classroom environment for CE....

Correct. At least one person launched an investigation when I made the statement that rivaled the Watergate investigation - only to come up with goose eggs. If my license had been suspended or revoked or any negative action had been taken, that's public info available from the DOI.

Still get renewals too. Love waking up to those deposits. Of course, hosting renewals are almost as good.

Correct. At least one person launched an investigation when I made the statement that rivaled the Watergate investigation - only to come up with goose eggs. If my license had been suspended or revoked or any negative action had been taken, that's public info available from the DOI.

Still get renewals too. Love waking up to those deposits. Of course, hosting renewals are almost as good.

Just be glad you didn't work the MA market.

"Still get renewals too"

I had no idea you can get renewals without having an insurance license. I'm still not ready to retire, but at some point, I figured I would lose all renewals if I did not keep license active.

In fact one carrier did stop paying me on an out-of-state case when I wasn't licensed in that state any more.

"Still get renewals too"

I had no idea you can get renewals without having an insurance license. I'm still not ready to retire, but at some point, I figured I would lose all renewals if I did not keep license active.

In fact one carrier did stop paying me on an out-of-state case when I wasn't licensed in that state any more.

Yep - been getting renewals from 4 carriers since '09 with no license. You go to inactive status and cash checks.

If not, I'd have renewed.

One of our clients called the California DOI and was assured that the word "exchange" in the URL was permitted, as long as it wasn't used along with "insurance" or "Covered California".
So far, no issues with that one here that we know of.

Back