Beginning of the end?

I have a buddy that answers the phone = "What?". Mid conversation, when he is done talking, he just hangs up. You may not be done but if he is, he is. :dull:

Sounds like a lawyer I knew. He barked "SPEAK", referred to everyone by their last name, like some tough guy bully in high school.

He invited me to his home for dinner one night and I saw a side of him I had never seen before. He cooked the dinner, set the table. When it was time to eat he left the room briefly and returned with his wife. She had a neurological disease and dementia. He was do gentle with her, sat next to her and fed her. I would not have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes.

Amazing cook... Unfortunately I can't eat any of it. Going to a ENT surgeon at Vanderbilt in Nashville Wednesday to see if anything can be done to let me eat again.

Re waffle house comment in another thread. How did your Nashville visit go? Any chance of the help you are looking for?

Re waffle house comment in another thread. How did your Nashville visit go? Any chance of the help you are looking for?
Nope. No surgery can be done short of removing the voice box and i am not going that route if i can help it. Am working with a speech therapist to see if exercises will help streghten the throat muscles. Of couse. If the epiglotis is not closing that won't help. Going back to Vanderbilt on the 20th for a barium swallow test. Pray for good news.

Nope. No surgery can be done short of removing the voice box and i am not going that route if i can help it. Am working with a speech therapist to see if exercises will help streghten the throat muscles. Of couse. If the epiglotis is not closing that won't help. Going back to Vanderbilt on the 20th for a barium swallow test. Pray for good news.

Keep us posted.

And do the homework the speech therapist gives you!

Good luck Louis.

Back