Best Annuity to Get Appointed with

Just signed up with FIG as my FMO and wondering what are the best annuity companies to get appointed with as I do not want to get appointed with every company because there are so many?? I focus on fixed index and fixed annuities. Thanks guys.

Just signed up with FIG as my FMO and wondering what are the best annuity companies to get appointed with as I do not want to get appointed with every company because there are so many?? I focus on fixed index and fixed annuities. Thanks guys.

Look around and pick your favorites. If there's certain features that stand out to you on a product, you'll market and sell it better.

Most companies will let you contract with your first piece of business, and quite a few also require business before contracting you. When you find a need that calls for an annuity recommendation, have your FIG marketer send over a few illustrations and pick up carriers as your client needs them.

Mainly companies with high cap rates and good bonuses??

Sure, whatever you think will sell and design a campaign around it. Unless of course, you're simply adding annuities to an already established practice. Then you can wait all day with patient clients for illustrations to arrive.

-King

Sure, whatever you think will sell and design a campaign around it. Unless of course, you're simply adding annuities to an already established practice. Then you can wait all day with patient clients for illustrations to arrive.

-King

Can't you run your own illustrations?

Establish your own criteria, first. Then go find the companies that meet what you're looking for. Personally, I like North American and Equitrust.

So, two threads about signing up with an FMO, and not a clue what carriers to use.

Doesn't that defeat the point of an FMO? Shouldn't they be helping you with the carriers that fit your business model?

So, two threads about signing up with an FMO, and not a clue what carriers to use.

Doesn't that defeat the point of an FMO? Shouldn't they be helping you with the carriers that fit your business model?

Vol nailed it. Go find a prospect, get a case, and then find the company you need.

FIG is one of the best annuity IMOs in the country. Get a case, give them the info and let them help.

If you just need talking points for prospects, then you should speak to them about the types of prospects you are targeting and what products they think would fit.

Midland has some strong products and you can contract direct with them.
Great American has some good products as well. NWL has really good participation rates right now.

But the "best product" or "best company" will ultimately just come down to the prospect.

Can't you run your own illustrations?

Of course. And if you're already presenting a company, it's an ideal time. As opposed to waiting for the illustrations to determine what companies or products to talk about.

Vol nailed it. Go find a prospect, get a case, and then find the company you need.

FIG is one of the best annuity IMOs in the country. Get a case, give them the info and let them help.

Actually I read his post as, find your companies and products that fit your business model and then find your prospects and cases that will buy. Pretty hard to acquire a steady flow of interested prospects without features or benefits that excite them when the iron is hot.

Back