Best Annuity to Get Appointed with

Actually I read his post as, find your companies and products that fit your business model and then find your prospects and cases that will buy. Pretty hard to acquire a steady flow of interested prospects without features or benefits that excite them when the iron is hot.

If you selling based off the sizzle of the product, you don't have clients, just transactions.

There are plenty of ways to market without pimping the latest and greatest rider from company XYZ. And even if that is how you want to market, why aren't you asking the FMO you just signed up with? This isn't even a, "Hey my FMO says Company ABC has this product and it is the greatest thing ever, what do you think?" It is, "Help, I just signed up with this FMO and I don't have a clue what companies I should use or who I should market to."

Of course. And if you're already presenting a company, it's an ideal time. As opposed to waiting for the illustrations to determine what companies or products to talk about.

Actually I read his post as, find your companies and products that fit your business model and then find your prospects and cases that will buy. Pretty hard to acquire a steady flow of interested prospects without features or benefits that excite them when the iron is hot.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are not a huge annuity producer....

If you selling based off the sizzle of the product, you don't have clients, just transactions.

There are plenty of ways to market without pimping the latest and greatest rider from company XYZ. And even if that is how you want to market, why aren't you asking the FMO you just signed up with? This isn't even a, "Hey my FMO says Company ABC has this product and it is the greatest thing ever, what do you think?" It is, "Help, I just signed up with this FMO and I don't have a clue what companies I should use or who I should market to."

And again Vol nails it.

You market yourself and the value you bring to the table.

A client gained purely off of "product sizzle" will leave you in a heartbeat over new "product sizzle".

Obviously an agent needs to know what is out there. But even more so, they need to know what an Annuity can do and how it benefits their clients.

I can market IAs all day long without mentioning a single specific product.

And going back to the OPs question, he does not need to contract with any companies until he has a viable prospect and the relevant info needed to find a product solution.

His IMO can easily get him up to speed on the top Caps/Bonuses/Riders/etc. But none of that matters if he cannot first communicate what the product does in general, and how it benefits people in general.

Is that what you tell new people? You're an ***. Nothing quite like shining a bright light on their inexperience.

Further, most people don't care about your expertise. Only you do. Selling yourself is part of any presentation, but if that's all you've got and you're leading with it, good luck at the dealership because that's where you are headed. It's not that agents and advisors are not worthy, just no one wants to hear it. You will fail before you can get traction and people do. The agents who use this business model are using these first transactions to scale the wall of trust and gain a seat at the table. Once seated at that table it's "Game On" as the agent will eventually, at the client's pace, move in to capture all the client's assets.

And if you think people 'leave you' for the next hottest product, I'm guessing you don't understand how most annuities work.

-King

Is that what you tell new people? You're an ***. Nothing quite like shining a bright light on their inexperience.

Further, most people don't care about your expertise. Only you do. Selling yourself is part of any presentation, but if that's all you've got and you're leading with it, good luck at the dealership because that's where you are headed. It's not that agents and advisors are not worthy, just no one wants to hear it. You will fail before you can get traction and people do. The agents who use this business model are using these first transactions to scale the wall of trust and gain a seat at the table. Once seated at that table it's "Game On" as the agent will eventually, at the client's pace, move in to capture all the client's assets.

And if you think people 'leave you' for the next hottest product, I'm guessing you don't understand how most annuities work.

-King

A quote for you, you might want to try it next time.

It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

-King

That's right, the $10,000 CD that Krobby stumbled across in the trailer park is locked up in a 12 year surrender product, they ain't going anywhere.

-King

By the way you speak to people you must have just come from a car dealership.... Im sure you will be back there in no time! (your sizzle mentality will fit right in)

My point is that him (like some other people around here) need to be able to sell an Annuity in general before they sell a specific annuity product.

As you pointed out he is inexperienced. FIG (his IMO) has training that would help him understand the products. This is why he was told to speak to them.

And you do not sell yourself to clients by telling them about your expertise. You sell yourself by DEMONSTRATING your expertise.

You gain trust by speaking to them in an intelligent manner about the subject at hand.

My clients trust me because I demonstrate the fact that I know what Im talking about. Not because I flash the latest and greatest "sizzle" of the month in front of them. Actually, they trust me because they know thats exactly what I will not do!!

Its agents that sell on "sizzle" that give this industry a bad name. You are nothing but a used car salesman. Not a trusted advisor. And you have no business selling Annuities with your mentality.

----------

That's right, the $10,000 CD that Krobby stumbled across in the trailer park is locked up in a 12 year surrender product, they ain't going anywhere.

Its just a 10 year surrender ...... of course it has a 5 year minimum annuitization upon surrender ..... and of course an 11% comp... :1rolleyes:

(he also thinks that SPIAs do not receive an interest rate)

Last edited:
And again Vol nails it.

A client gained purely off of "product sizzle" will leave you in a heartbeat over new "product sizzle".

Obviously an agent needs to know what is out there. But even more so, they need to know what an Annuity can do and how it benefits their clients.

I can market IAs all day long without mentioning a single specific product.

And going back to the OPs question, he does not need to contract with any companies until he has a viable prospect and the relevant info needed to find a product solution.

His IMO can easily get him up to speed on the top Caps/Bonuses/Riders/etc. But none of that matters if he cannot first communicate what the product does in general, and how it benefits people in general.

How do you like a post ? This is really spot on. Thank you for your generous insight.

MIM :GEEK::idea:

----------

-King

I think you're missing the context of what he's trying to say.

MIM :GEEK::idea:

Ok need your help. I have a client that has some cds that just expired where his ROI was .25%. So I just recently signed up with a FMO and he came up with 2 products that had strong cap rates (Athene Target Horizon 10) as the client is concerned about his ROI. So I asked him if he could illustrate what the product would look like in 10 years and he responded with, We wouldn’t be able to show growth projections. The illustration systems are designed to show future growth/income figures when we added income riders.

So I am a new agent and was a little confused with what he said. Why couldn't he run an illustration without the income riders?

Ok need your help. I have a client that has some cds that just expired where his ROI was .25%. So I just recently signed up with a FMO and he came up with 2 products that had strong cap rates (Athene Target Horizon 10) as the client is concerned about his ROI. So I asked him if he could illustrate what the product would look like in 10 years and he responded with, We wouldn't be able to show growth projections. The illustration systems are designed to show future growth/income figures when we added income riders. So I am a new agent and was a little confused with what he said. Why couldn't he run an illustration without the income riders?
looking forward, the only thing that can be shown is guarantees. The rider accumulates at a guaranteed rate. The cash growth is dependent upon an index, so only past history can be shown. This is always the case

Back