Best carriers for LTC?

My Medicare business is creating more and more requests for LTC products. I am contracted with many companies, but MOO is the only one that I am aware of selling LTC. Being in the perfect spot for LTC sales I would like to expand my portfolio as well as brush up on my knowledge. I am in Texas by the way.

You need to find yourself a good mentor and FMO. You'll need LTC certification, you'll need to be contracted with MOO, National Guardian Life and Thrivent, and you'll want to understand the LTC Partnership. You'll also need to be familiar with hybrids, their use, etc.

You need to find yourself a good mentor and FMO. You'll need LTC certification, you'll need to be contracted with MOO, National Guardian Life and Thrivent, and you'll want to understand the LTC Partnership. You'll also need to be familiar with hybrids, their use, etc.

“Need” to be contracted with Thrivent? Why?
I do not follow why anyone would “need” to be contracted with a Christian organization. That might be a “want” but it is not a “need.”

“Need” to be contracted with Thrivent? Why?
I do not follow why anyone would “need” to be contracted with a Christian organization. That might be a “want” but it is not a “need.”

From your response, I take it Thrivent is not a true LTC insurer ???

?

From your response, I take it Thrivent is not a true LTC insurer ???

?

They are. But Thrivent is a Christian (Lutheran) organization. One of the questions on it’s LTC application is: Are you a Christian? I am not Christian so I will not write it. The policy is a good policy, reasonably priced, and Thrivent is financially strong and stable. If consumers and agents alike want to support Thrivent, it is a good policy.

They are. But Thrivent is a Christian (Lutheran) organization. One of the questions on it’s LTC application is: Are you a Christian? I am not Christian so I will not write it. The policy is a good policy, reasonably priced, and Thrivent is financially strong and stable. If consumers and agents alike want to support Thrivent, it is a good policy.

If answer: NO, do they turn down your application?

What if you put NO,...DO they send out their Evangelism team?

Very interesting....hmmm.

If answer: NO, do they turn down your application?

What if you put NO,...DO they send out their Evangelism team?

Very interesting....hmmm.

Have to answer the question Yes, if I remember correctly. Wrote one application 4 years ago for a referral that had hepatitis history and Mutual of Omaha, Mass, Transamerica, and Genworth all declined. Thrivent approved. First and last time I will submit an application to them. Was an awkward question to ask a client.

Have to answer the question Yes, if I remember correctly. Wrote one application 4 years ago for a referral that had hepatitis history and Mutual of Omaha, Mass, Transamerica, and Genworth all declined. Thrivent approved. First and last time I will submit an application to them. Was an awkward question to ask a client.

Wow...that's some Hardcore Fanaticism (i'm surprised its legal) ?

Wow...that's some Hardcore Fanaticism (i'm surprised its legal) ?

Really not entirely different than USAA insurance requiring you to have been in military. You could argue it isn't fair that other insurers have to insure everyone from all backgrounds while USAA gets to cherry pick military members.

Back