Best Fe Opportunity?

Dang these posts do get personal, about a persons business that is. How could JD not know he has not been mailed to this demographic?

Because they take care of that stuff for me. I've only been using those leads for about 3 months. I hadn't noticed that I wasn't getting any age 50 to 60 responders. And I'm not interested enough to go back over them to see if some fell through the cracks.

I did say in that post that there might be something to not mailing to that age group but I just had not had bad experiences with that group. Nor had I heard all these concerns about that age group until recently.

I would say that if the price of the lead is the same then I would probably rather have them and the over 80 ages excluded.

Lot of things go into one's opinion. All of those things don't come across on an internet forum.

That's stuff I chose to not be involved with. I was with EFES for 5 years and I don't what demographic they mailed for me. I knew what counties and I could make a reasonable guess as to who they were mailing to based on the leads I got but it was never a discussion I had with them. My only discussion were where they mailed and how much the lead would cost me.

Last edited:
I have been patronizing this forum since 2007. Everyone of those years I have been buying FE leads, running appointments, selling FE policies, and going on convention trips. I could list hundreds of screen names of fallen agents and marketers who have posted on this forum with great vigor, giving advice, and telling agents "how to do it." They are around hot and heavy for a few months and then one day "poof" they are gone from the forum leaving only their cyber footprint of worthless advice.

There are only a handful of agents who would be categorized as successful at selling FE for a sustained period that post in this forum. Agents that do everyday what agents come to this forum to learn how to do. JDEASY (John) and NEWBY (Scott) are the first ones that come to mind on a very short list.

However, their is a lot of people who give advice and float unproven opinions as facts. Most of these culprits are either marketers or do not sell. Some of those marketers didn't have any success when they did sell. Others are agents that dabble in FE as a supplement to another Senior line of insurance. Then there are agents who have sold a couple polices and are self proclaimed experts, and then a ton of newbies.

With that being said... Lead Program's are for agents that think they want to own their business, but are crippled by their hourly pay mindset.

I have explained this many times. I have a long experience with the best lead program in the country in EFES. They do it right and have a vested interest in the success of the agent to make sales. With all they do their "Turn-Over" is astronomical. The turnover is due to the inherent flaws with the "Lead Program" to keep it a float.

Do you think that the lead shop is going to lose money. The formula to determine the cost per lead is factored by (mail cost + profit divided by return)

Your close ratio is not a concern, or factor to the lead provider. When you fail there will be another agent in your territory with 'delusions of grandeur' to take your place and buy those set price leads.

Scott (Newby) put it very elegantly explaining how you could generate possibly a lower cost lead buy using the same parameters of ages 50-80 with zero income and po box's.

I have been preaching this for months to our agents in regards to the set price leads at lead connection. I know many of are agents are getting 2-4% return per thousand.

This has nothing to do with Brad, which some will try to make it about. I like and respect Brad. I'm sure Brad would much rather you buy per thousand and limit his exposure. This is about paying per lead for a FE direct mail piece regardless who the up line is. This is advice I would want if I was new and trolling for information to be successful.

If you think that lead of for a 52 year old is as valuable as a lead for a 62 year old you are simply ignorant in selling FE. With 6 years of managing and working with agents in a lead program I can guarantee that you will get a disproportional amount of leads from ages 50-60 compared to the other ages when mailing to 50-80 years old.

hoosier, do you think maybe there are hundreds if not thousands of agents out there who do just fine, and don't come on here and post? Do you think some posters who went away actually found success and maybe never again felt the need to come back on here and post about it? Maybe. Who knows.

hoosier, do you think maybe there are hundreds if not thousands of agents out there who do just fine, and don't come on here and post? Do you think some posters who went away actually found success and maybe never again felt the need to come back on here and post about it? Maybe. Who knows.

And thousands more failed out. Many of them are still on the forum. ;)

I'm not aware of a single statistic that shows a high success rate for new insurance agents. The only question is, is it 95% or 80% that fail out in the first few years?

At the end of the day, insurance is all about talking to people who are interested in the products you have to offer. If you talk to enough people who have some level of interest and you have some level of sales skills, insurance will be sold. Obviously the more interested they are and the better you are, the more sales per 100 prospects. But if you talk to enough people who have some level of interest, it doesn't matter how bad you are, they'll buy. Some people are ready to rip the pen out of your hand so they can fill out that application.

So again, it is about finding these people with interest. For most agents, that is leads. And I strongly suspect, most successful agents use a lead program than do it themselves. Perhaps I am wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that is the case.

And the verdict is .......... (drum roll) which is the best lead (provider) and FE opportunity? Seems to vary by the day, hour and person.

And the verdict is .......... (drum roll) which is the best lead (provider) and FE opportunity? Seems to vary by the day, hour and person.

It is just like insurance, there is no "best." What works for one person in one area may or may not work for a different person in a different area.

What amazes me at times is the "forum's" insistence on telling people with a successful system that it sucks. If you can sell enough insurance to pay your bills and live the lifestyle you want all while being legal and ethical, what is wrong with your system? Instead, it seems there is this desire to tell agents in this situation their method sucks and they should do it another way.

It is just like insurance, there is no "best." What works for one person in one area may or may not work for a different person in a different area.

What amazes me at times is the "forum's" insistence on telling people with a successful system that it sucks. If you can sell enough insurance to pay your bills and live the lifestyle you want all while being legal and ethical, what is wrong with your system? Instead, it seems there is this desire to tell agents in this situation their method sucks and they should do it another way.

I have a system for sale. :yes:

Back