Best Fe Opportunity?

Tim was my only buddy from EFES that went to Secures. But he left to manage and recruit... At best this decision turned out to be a lateral move in my opinion. He was promised a lot and swallowed the hook. He would have been better off and made more money had he stayed at EFES... Once again in my opinion.

It has been my experience that people let pride hold them back. In an attempt to save face they stay the course long after they know they shouldn't. Even after they realize and accept they made a poor decision. Instead of correcting it immediately they don't because then it would solidify that they made a bad decision. I'm sure all those agents look back and wish they would have bailed earlier.

I can assure you that the decision by those agents that secures was not the best place to sell FE was not sudden. It just took them awhile to get the balls to do it, and leave.

In closing I would just like to add, to all the secures agents... "I Told Ya So!" :)

That is human nature. We never admit that we were wrong about making a bad business decision or any decision for that matter. Early last year I was still working captive for a carrier selling med supps and individual health and I thought I could do FE part time and be successful at it. I didn't want to admit to myself that I needed to just make the jump and do FE full time and commit to it. At first I couldn't do that because then my ego would have taken a blow by admitting I was wrong.

Not to nitpick.......but what would someone say about the length of time you spent with EFES and are now part of fexcontracting :)

I realized that EFES and I no longer shared a common goal. Once that was clear I wrapped my stuff up and resigned within thirty days.

In full disclosure I did approached EFES to allow me to do what Scott and I are doing at FEXContracting.com, but they felt it would have had to many conflicts with the lead program and upset the other managers.

EFES blocked out whole states for sub-managers, and forced agents into their down-line if they lived in that state. This was simply to appease those manager because all they did was recruit, recruit, recruit. Most did not have the skill set to help any agent get better. They just had visions of overrides and big agencies. Those managers were to busy recruiting to help or service their existing agents. So turnover grew and grew. That drove up lead cost.

The final straw for me was EFES blocked a handful of states for a guy that knows NOTHING about selling FE. I'm not sure if he has ever sold a policy before. This guy has agents on contracts that are 30% below street and agents are paying $23-$34 dollars a lead? I can't defend that.

The EFES employees in Dallas are 1st class, it was some of the "mentoring" agents that I did not want to be associated with any longer. So Newby and built our own Pirate Ship! A Pirate Ship that is For Agents by Agents!

Last edited:
digfesales claims that his company is the only company for agents, by agents...even though he was never really an agent...confusing

Ready when you are. Point out where I ever said we are the "only company for agents"?

Everytime you speak for some reason I hear "koo koo...koo koo".

I realized that EFES and I no longer shared a common goal. Once that was clear I wrapped my stuff up and resigned within thirty days.

In full disclosure I did approached EFES to allow me to do what Scott and I are doing at FEXContracting.com, but they felt it would have had to many conflicts with the lead program and upset the other managers.

EFES blocked out whole states for sub-managers, and forced agents into their down-line if they lived in that state. This was simply to appease those manager because all they did was recruit, recruit, recruit. Most did not have the skill set to help any agent get better. They just had visions of overrides and big agencies. Those managers were to busy recruiting to help or service their existing agents. So turnover grew and grew. That drove up lead cost.

The final straw for me was EFES blocked a handful of states for a guy that knows NOTHING about selling FE. I'm not sure if he has ever sold a policy before. This guy has agents on contracts that are 30% below street and agents are paying $23-$34 dollars a lead? I can't defend that.

The EFES employees in Dallas are 1st class, it was some of the "mentoring" agents that I did not want to be associated with any longer. So Newby and built our own Pirate Ship! A Pirate Ship that is For Agents by Agents!

Ye has hoisted the jolly roger :) I was just robbing you a little bit.

"Scott (Newby) put it very elegantly explaining how you could generate possibly a lower cost lead buy using the same parameters of ages 50-80 with zero income and po box's.

I have been preaching this for months to our agents in regards to the set price leads at lead connection. I know many of are agents are getting 2-4% return per thousand."
-Hoosierdaddy

I figured that out in 2009 when I left EFES. Lead costs kept rising and the PPL thing made my head hurt. In Michigan we get 2-4% returns consistently but it was still HARD to decide to leave EFES. Not so much because of EFES (although I thought they were great). The reason it was so hard to decide to leave was that I knew I was cutting my ties with Travis, JD, Winders, and all the other people that I talked/listened to every Friday at 10am. Much, if not all of the way I sell FE today is directly related to the year I spent with those guys.

Ages 50-57 and 76-80, and PO BOX's are black holes regarding Final Expense "lead to close" ratio. There is a reason that most places that offer set price leads require you to accept leads from within those parameters. There will be a disproportionate amount of leads from these groups. The lead vendor needs to cover their cost plus make profit. They are not concerned with how many sales you make from their "set price" leads.

Agents get confused and believe these lead providers are on their side, and "in it with them" so to speak. I hate to break the news to you but they don't care. All they want to be able to say is we provided the leads to you within the guidelines that were agreed upon.

Okay...........,.............

Back