Best index Universal For growth and accumulation.

I don't know what people do and don't do as part of their due diligence, research, etc., what they do for education, decision-making, product utilization, and so on and so on. I know what I do, what my partner does, a few close friends, and the professionals who are in my study group. I know what other top, widely and well respected, well known life insurance professionals do. I know what Steve Leimberg used to do, Larry Brody, Donald Jansen, Michelle Ferreira, Mary Ann Mancini, and others do.

That said, if you truly want to be fully educated, be a true expert on products you sell and don't sell, and truly understand the product landscape -- you have to go beyond yourself. You have to go to objective and professional sources and resources. If you want to do proper, thorough, and comprehensive due diligence, as well as get incredible and objective insight, and figure out what you don't know you don't know...Go read and subscribe to Bobby Samuelson's service. His "Life Product Review" service is the go-to resource for top insurance professionals across the country. He is one of the -- if not the -- leading product experts in the country.

You would cry if you saw how high Pac can raise their expenses on that policy... plus the issue of lower renewals over time.

I've seen it. There is so much people don't know and understand about this product and the impact it's sales have had on PacLife. My partner and I had an independent consultant and expert review this product, and the others PacLife has offered.

I'm curious. Regardless of the length of maturity, why would anyone, especially a financial professional, "expect" any insurance product, excluding a VUL or VA, to return more than 6%?

I'm curious. Regardless of the length of maturity, why would anyone, especially a financial professional, "expect" any insurance product, excluding a VUL or VA, to return more than 6%?

I am guessing 75% 5 year average sounds much more appealing to the prospect than 6%, thus the agent "expects" sharing this will increase their closing ratio & case size

If carriers believed they could invest their own surplus to get 75% average 5 year returns, they would discontinue selling insurance as the new policies can be a drain in surplus & require reserves. Why wouldnt they just invest all their surplus & all the other assets of other past products into the instruments that get 75% over 5 years. Why would they be investing in corporate bonds, govt bonds, commercial mortgages & private placements at 4-7% a year with their own company money?

Last edited:
Could you expand on that statement?

Is it a cultural issue within the company? Or financial? Are they seeing a large amount of attrition and getting upside down on the bonds they are holding?.... that is my fear with IUL carriers.

It was more financial, but it was not a complete surprise, and certainly something they can deal with. However, there was a bit of a cultural element to it as well as some knew and some didn't, but the latter said the former should have and did because they were told, and so on and so on. I think Bobby Samuelson wrote something on this. Not sure.

It was more financial, but it was not a complete surprise, and certainly something they can deal with. However, there was a bit of a cultural element to it as well as some knew and some didn't, but the latter said the former should have and did because they were told, and so on and so on. I think Bobby Samuelson wrote something on this. Not sure.

I am a subscriber to the life product review and have even messaged Bobby Samuelson and he also believes the historical crediting rates. And this is before voluntarily enabling the Enhanced Performance Multiplier.

I expect it because the numbers don't lie. All of the sales material is vetted by the California Department of Insurance. If they said one thing and did another, that would be a clear cut case of breach of contract.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 8.15.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 8.20.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 8.23.09 AM.png

I am a subscriber to the life product review and have even messaged Bobby Samuelson and he also believes the historical crediting rates. And this is before voluntarily enabling the Enhanced Performance Multiplier.

I expect it because the numbers don't lie. All of the sales material is vetted by the California Department of Insurance. If they said one thing and did another, that would be a clear cut case of breach of contract.

View attachment 9233

View attachment 9234

View attachment 9235

Nobody said the lookbacks on it are incorrect. We said its not probable you receive that long term with the policy. Just like Bobby Samuelson told you in the email you just posted.

Back