Best index Universal For growth and accumulation.

Nobody said the lookbacks on it are incorrect. We said its not probable you receive that long term with the policy. Just like Bobby Samuelson told you in the email you just posted.
It was uncapped since inception up until January. Just consider the current 55% cap multiplied by 2.7 that is a maximum cap rate of 148.5%. I don't know of any other policy that even comes close to that potential crediting rate. Do you?
Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 10.23.37 AM.png

I don't know what people do and don't do as part of their due diligence, research, etc., what they do for education, decision-making, product utilization, and so on and so on. I know what I do, what my partner does, a few close friends, and the professionals who are in my study group. I know what other top, widely and well respected, well known life insurance professionals do. I know what Steve Leimberg used to do, Larry Brody, Donald Jansen, Michelle Ferreira, Mary Ann Mancini, and others do.

That said, if you truly want to be fully educated, be a true expert on products you sell and don't sell, and truly understand the product landscape -- you have to go beyond yourself. You have to go to objective and professional sources and resources. If you want to do proper, thorough, and comprehensive due diligence, as well as get incredible and objective insight, and figure out what you don't know you don't know...Go read and subscribe to Bobby Samuelson's service. His "Life Product Review" service is the go-to resource for top insurance professionals across the country. He is one of the -- if not the -- leading product experts in the country.

I don't know how you can read bobby's blog and be a big believer in selling IUL for accumulation purposes. VUL yes. IUL uuhhhh not so much.

First, I've heard plenty of people "bash" Bobby. Not here, but I've heard it. I think people who bash him are jealous, trying to defend and/or further their own unsubstantiated claims, efforts, sales, etc. JMVHO. I've heard consultants bash him and it's nothing more than self-serving rhetoric. There are many insurance companies -- including IUL carriers -- that ask him to advise them.

Second, I think Bobby's email speaks to a very pointed question, in the context of a very specific situation. I don't think Bobby's reply speaks to any overall position, opinion, or whatever you want to call it, regarding IUL. Third, I think Bobby's reputation is extremely widely known, and respected, throughout the industry. You can say he's pro-this, or anti-that -- but I would not agree with that. It's no different than doctor who arrives at certain conclusions, based upon everyone who visits him. Well, everyone who visits him is sick! So, his conclusions will be based upon the people who visit with him, and all of those people are sick.

That said, I think Bobby is professional and objective. I also believe he is extremely knowledgeable. He has access to information, resources, etc., and he has scope and capabilities that others do not. If he is reporting on increases in mortality charges on various IUL products from various IUL carriers; and if he is reporting on carriers exiting the marketplace, or changing their eligibility requirements and standards; and if he is reporting on illustration "games," the impact IUL has on carriers, and other concerning aspects of IUL -- that is because that is what he's seeing. That doesn't make him anti-anything. Is he the doctor seeing sick patients? Arrive at whatever conclusion you wish.

Link please. I didn't think they offered a LTC rider. I thought they only offered a chronic illness rider of 2% or 4% monthly like most carriers have
They have 2. One is "free" (those suck) and one you pay for (which is called chronic but behaves like a 7702b rider).

It works the same as all of the rest of them (the 101g ones that you pay for).

I also don't know why I'd care about that rider on my accumulation IUL products since I should have cash close to my death benefit (designed correctly) by the time I needed care anyway so you're essentially using your own money.

They have 2. One is "free" (those suck) and one you pay for (which is called chronic but behaves like a 7702b rider).

It works the same as all of the rest of them (the 101g ones that you pay for).

I also don't know why I'd care about that rider on my accumulation IUL products since I should have cash close to my death benefit (designed correctly) by the time I needed care anyway so you're essentially using your own money.
I thought that was the case, but the poster mis labeled it as an LTC rider, so I thought it was an extension of benefit over & above merely an acceleration of life death benefit. Also said it was 2nd to none, but the ones I had already seen were run of the mill like the average chronic illness offerings by most

I thought that was the case, but the poster mis labeled it as an LTC rider, so I thought it was an extension of benefit over & above merely an acceleration of life death benefit. Also said it was 2nd to none, but the ones I had already seen were run of the mill like the average chronic illness offerings by most

Way too many agents lie and call Chronic Riders "LTC Riders".

I don't know how you can read bobby's blog and be a big believer in selling IUL for accumulation purposes. VUL yes. IUL uuhhhh not so much.

Believer? I don't go to church or temple for IUL, LOL. I sometimes use the product as one of many. I absolutely prefer PPLI. I can accomplish the same thing -- much more -- with PPLI. The only issue is size and economies of scale.

Regardless, if you are a subscriber to his service -- and not just reading the blog -- the information there can be valuable if used properly. Whether I sell IUL, SGUL, VUL, whatever -- if it's a UL-chassis -- it is always, without fail, 1000% of the time, PROPERLY funded. We can debate the term properly all day long, but I will say this -- I've never had one UL-chassis type policy run dry, run on empty, implode, etc. Every single one gets reviewed every single year with a focus on mortality charges and credited monies.

I've had Bobby review specific contracts, toss many, and have been OK with a few. I have used the latter. Never stand-alone. Always part of a portfolio. I think IUL can be an adjunct -- to WL and PPLI -- or as just one "asset" in a portfolio of "assets" (with those assets being life insurance).

Back