Best Insurance Company / Reputation

Kasey, I won't be as direct as DHK, but one thing that never seems to play well on this forum is when a captive agent (usually NML) uses even a little subterfuge to bait the audience with loaded questions regarding NML.

Ultimately, you will decide who pays your bills... your company or your clients. You could do far worse than NML, but take my 34 years experience for it when I tell you that your prospective clients don't get giddy with excitement when you ask for an appointment because you're with NML.

It's great to be excited and sold on your company, but don't forget to season your enthusiasm with a pinch of reality.

It's assumed I was baiting people into a loaded discussion about NM. I have no idea why.

I'm not sure how to be any more clear that I was not. I think any further attempts would be in vain.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on either what I asked, or your answers and comments to the questions and statements you made up on my behalf. The latter has certainly been an .... interesting exchange.

Of that list I have two. And write many others. Not having any 6 of those would not affect me a bit.

Same here. Although over my career I have written 5 out of the 8.

----------

NYL, MM, ONL, and Guardian all have good WL products. I would prefer Guardian or ONL to NWML.

Great list. I couldnt agree more, although I am partial to MM these days, especially since they now have a great LTCI Rider (which you can put on their 10 or 20 pay).

I would also add Penn Mutual to the list. They allow the highest amount of Paid-Up Additions to Base Premium last time I checked.

Kasey?

What you did was extremely similar to what has been done by NWM agents before you. Unfortunately for you, outside of NWM, NWM agents aren't highly thought of because of their lack of class on this forum.

Good luck best wishes to you on your career.

I advise you go through the details of the insurance policy status of the so-called best insurance companies. That is important. For LIC, you can check out from here: licpolicystatus.net

Really surprised Guardian didn't make the list. The Guardian whole life product has been very competitive for me and it is flexible (you can design it to fit the situation for the client). I started to diversity my business away from Northwestern Mutual years ago, right now I sell a Guardian product every time I sell a Northwestern Mutual product. If I ever leave Northwestern Mutual I can then take all of the Guardian business with me and be the servicing agent.

I think that the Guardian premium disability waiver is one of the strongest in the business (tied with Northwestern Mutual). The crediting rate is very good too.

In the medical arena Guardian disability is a rock star. Hands down the best.

lol at Aflac and NorthWestern Mutual ever being respected by anybody in any way anywhere.

Kasey, I know it seems like these agents are coming across all mean and huffy puffy, but they really aren't. Once you've been in this business long enough, have seen enough, and have talked to enough agents, you will realize that NWM is highly unlikeable, and for a very good reason. They act like their crap don't stink, when they in reality have no reason to act that way. Great dividends? Uuuh, ok. Dividends projections are poked fun at for a reason. Selling on dividend projections is amateur night at the arena, yet that's what NWM trains it's agents to do. NWM is all about glamour and glitz; it is all about itself. I imagine that NWM executives and district managers get together and have a nice circle jerk every once in a few months.

I can list dozens of companies that deserve the glitz and showroom attitude much better than NWM gives itself. It's all a show for NWM.

I've spoken to a couple bona fide Top Gun life insurance agents, and when I asked about whole life presentations, both of them laughed aloud when I asked if they talk about dividends. They don't even talk about cash value!

You see, the true experts don't rely on bells and whistles because they know life insurance isn't about dividends. If you can't sell purely on death benefit face amount then you're not yet ready to discuss dividends.

One of these Top Of The Table agents told me that he doesn't even disclose the kind of policy the prospect is signing up for! "They all pay a death check".

I wouldn't advise selling like that, because he's a pro, and you're a noob, but what it means is that true salesmanship does not require bell and whistles. "This is how much money we will pay out when you die. Sign here".

No talk of company ratings.
No talk of dividends.
No talk of projections.
No talk of cash surrender value.

Just pure salesmanship.

The glitz and glamour of NWM is purely for NWM. NWM is the Katy Perry of the insurance industry.

Don't take it personally. These posts have gold that you're given without having to learn the hard way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back