Best Insurance Company / Reputation

I did elaborate.

BTW, if you're going to type within someone's quoted box, use a different color text. It will help to determine what was quoted and what are your comments.

You can't "skip" the amateur phase. You have to go to trainings (other company training in addition to the kool-aid from NML), read industry magazines, obtain your designations, and keep learning.

Another good tool... is the search function. Take a look at some of my past posts, as well as posts from Larry Tew, BNTRS, scagnt83, Tahoe Ray and others. There's LOTS of information about the advanced uses of life insurance for personal planning.

And once you're cured of the NML ego that you've been infected with, maybe others may be willing to help you more.

Until then, you're stuck with your mindset.

You really don't know how much I just helped you in my posts. Remember, the great majority of posters here are NOT career agents. We graduated and learned (eventually) how to undo the 'mutual programming' that we got so we can serve our customers best and get paid 2x as much for doing so.

Always remember: Even a "bad policy" will still pay out a death benefit.

In golf: it's not about the clubs... it's about the swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZthiWZmgcPo

----------

Here, I'll get you started:

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ce-new-life-agents-t29999.html?highlight=Life

Be sure to read this..................

You're brand new to the business. You still think this is about comparing products!

ROFL!

One day, you will discover something: You NEVER are in competition with product vs product. NEVER!

If you THINK you are at that point... it's because the level of trust isn't there yet, and you didn't teach your client that price isn't the consideration, but the strategy.

It's agent/strategy vs agent/strategy. It's the mindset behind the recommendations... not "NYL vs NWM".

Once you get to that point... you'll realize that you can still make a "bad policy/bad company" sing and dance... and still sell a boatload of it.

Only amateurs try to find the "best" product/company/reputation as a primarily selling point.

Oh, and if you're selling whole life because of "dividend performance" (as a quasi-investment)... then you STILL have more to learn.

Excellent and straight forward post.

I did elaborate.

BTW, if you're going to type within someone's quoted box, use a different color text. It will help to determine what was quoted and what are your comments.

You can't "skip" the amateur phase. You have to go to trainings (other company training in addition to the kool-aid from NML), read industry magazines, obtain your designations, and keep learning.

Another good tool... is the search function. Take a look at some of my past posts, as well as posts from Larry Tew, BNTRS, scagnt83, Tahoe Ray and others. There's LOTS of information about the advanced uses of life insurance for personal planning.

And once you're cured of the NML ego that you've been infected with, maybe others may be willing to help you more.

Until then, you're stuck with your mindset.

You really don't know how much I just helped you in my posts. Remember, the great majority of posters here are NOT career agents. We graduated and learned (eventually) how to undo the 'mutual programming' that we got so we can serve our customers best and get paid 2x as much for doing so.

Always remember: Even a "bad policy" will still pay out a death benefit.

In golf: it's not about the clubs... it's about the swing.

----------

Here, I'll get you started:

Thanks for the note on posting inside quotes. I'm on my phone and had trouble running the WP functions up top.
I also don't have a search function unless I go to a profile and then I can search previous posts by that user only.
I assume that would change if I was on a computer?

What NM ego do I seem to be infected with? I came on here to get opinions from other agents and learn from them. I've never considered wanting to learn from others with more experience egotistical.
Maybe I should re-read the definition, I must have it mixed up with humility.
And I'm not sure how much of my mindset was revealed when I asked for other agents / peers opinions.
Do you think that maybe when I asked for feedback about the value of mutual companies I was trying to get unbiased opinions about it? Maybe I'm searching for information to prevent the 'mutual programming' you mentioned.

I'm also not sure what I need to change in order to have people be 'more willing to help me'.
Do you know what publications I subscribe to? Or what set of licences I'm studying for? The books I'm reading?

All I did was ask some questions.
The one time I did make a statement, I followed it up with 'I could be wrong, so I'd love to hear discussions if I've overlooking something'

Thanks for the note on posting inside quotes. I'm on my phone and had trouble running the WP functions up top.
I also don't have a search function unless I go to a profile and then I can search previous posts by that user only.
I assume that would change if I was on a computer?

Yes, posting from a computer would make it easier to do that.

What NM ego do I seem to be infected with? I came on here to get opinions from other agents and learn from them. I've never considered wanting to learn from others with more experience egotistical.
Maybe I should re-read the definition, I must have it mixed up with humility.
And I'm not sure how much of my mindset was revealed when I asked for other agents / peers opinions.
Do you think that maybe when I asked for feedback about the value of mutual companies I was trying to get unbiased opinions about it? Maybe I'm searching for information to prevent the 'mutual programming' you mentioned.

I'm also not sure what I need to change in order to have people be 'more willing to help me'.
Do you know what publications I subscribe to? Or what set of licences I'm studying for? The books I'm reading?

All I did was ask some questions.
The one time I did make a statement, I followed it up with 'I could be wrong, so I'd love to hear discussions if I've overlooking something'

Let me show you the indications that I see:
1) 'NM' in your name.

2) Let's look at some posts:

"I'm new to the forum, and was wondering if there was a general consensus about the best company, or best products by company.
Term I think is pretty irrelevant, but what about Whole Life? And LTC?
Do you think mutual companies are 'better' than non-mutual ones?
And how many companies still have proprietary products? I know Northwestern Mutual does, who else?"

Obviously, that's in this thread here. We can typically spot the 'career agent' and in particular NWM by their training that "they are the best - everyone else does it wrong" mindset.

You showed this by asking "who is the best?" Most people would ask "who is the best for x person or for x situation." Just a nuance I notice.

Then we've got this, but was since deleted:

"Northwestern Mutuals WL rocks the socks off MOO."

Since you're a poster with (at this current second) 10 posts... what other assumption am I to make?

Licenses? You've already got your life & health... and you're probably starting on your Series 6 & 63... am I correct?

Publications? I hope your agency supports their local NAIFA... so you'll be reading AdvisorToday. I would recommend InsuranceNewsNet and LifeHealthPro as well. They're free.

The fact is... is that nearly every career agent can end up looking like every other career agent... and it's been historically accurate that NWM has an "ego" about themselves.

I have a John Savage recording that started off saying "Wow! What an introduction! Sounds like a Northwestern Mutual 10-year Dividend Projection!"

You can get a copy of that recording here:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/life-insurance-forum/john-savage-selling-system-t34971.html

You can also get a copy of a Ben Feldman recording in this thread here:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...en-feldman-audio-video-recordings-t65264.html

BTW, John Savage died in 1993, but he wrote MILLIONS of premium every year with a little company called "Columbus Mutual". Ever heard of them? Neither did his clients. But the way he sold insurance was timeless, classic, and very effective.

So out of 10 posts, I can label you as a NWM career agent. But you're still asking questions and even challenging my assertions! That's good!

----------

When you click in a sub-forum, there's a bar at the top that has a few links:
- UserCP