Best Modem for VOIP?

Any agents have any feedback on their modems? I am looking for a nice piece of equipment that will augment the internet connection and provide a clear sound for voip.

Also if if it transmits a wireless signal the better.
Thanks for any insight!

Any agents have any feedback on their modems? I am looking for a nice piece of equipment that will augment the internet connection and provide a clear sound for voip.

Also if if it transmits a wireless signal the better.
Thanks for any insight!

Ring Central has a page of recommended equiptment. Should be unbiased. You don't have to buy it through them.

Search for 300Mbps Wireless N VoIP ADSL2+ Modem Router - This one should be able to handle the VOIP no problem and give you a wireless signal.

Router or Modem? Some of it will depend on your ISP. Which VOIP service are you using?

I prefer having a separate router and modem, and use the WRT54G with different firmware from www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router

You may not need a new router, you may just need to set up QoS rules.

Virgin and BT become really expensive this year, it’s better to find other providers. I can recommend you a cheap internet. I have tried many different providers. And in the end, I was advised to use Best Broadband Deals - Compare Broadband | usave.co.uk. I used it for two months and the benefit was very large. Now I only use it. And if you are looking for something cheaper that you should consider this option. There are different packages there. You can choose the one you like.

Last edited:
Back