Why some carriers keep needing me to clear cookies and cache for their log in url to work?

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
I read some tech replies about this issue in general that indicate the upfront requirement to clear cookies and cache is kind of lazy when maybe it's a dev issue.
Nonetheless, I can't get my commission statements from one carrier due to this issue and am tired of having to redo connections with other websites with the one carrier when that answer hasn't worked and they bumped the issue up to a tech support unit where their fix only worked briefly.

The cache and a cookie are not the same thing. Try isolating exactly which one is the problem and report back.

If its the Cookie, you may be able to go in and delete just the cookies from one given site rather than all your cookies.

Also this may sound incredibly obvious - but try a different browser for this vendor.

I read some tech replies about this issue in general that indicate the upfront requirement to clear cookies and cache is kind of lazy when maybe it's a dev issue.
Nonetheless, I can't get my commission statements from one carrier due to this issue and am tired of having to redo connections with other websites with the one carrier when that answer hasn't worked and they bumped the issue up to a tech support unit where their fix only worked briefly.
Sounds like Medicare Center. I have that problem every time they they have an upgrade.

Their tech guys say it's a security feature that's built in to prevent hacks.

Sounds like Medicare Center. I have that problem every time they they have an upgrade.

Their tech guys say it's a security feature that's built in to prevent hacks.
In my case it's Wellcare where I think last time my inquiry got bumped to a tech, or they just said tech would fix it, in a few days. Interesting, I haven't had the issue with Medicare Center which I use daily.

The cache and a cookie are not the same thing. Try isolating exactly which one is the problem and report back.

If its the Cookie, you may be able to go in and delete just the cookies from one given site rather than all your cookies.

Also this may sound incredibly obvious - but try a different browser for this vendor.
We did try Edge vs Chrome. Nope. I will call when I need to actually use the site again. Anthem was an issue for a while and it was the way my system saved the url. I set up a bookmark for the correct one. Sadly I already have a bookmark for the Wellcare site, which is the one with the issue.

Back