best part D plan?

Since he's on an advantage plan and unless he's now T65 the above suggestion won't work.

Rick

Why?

The Med Supp is GI based on the move. It will trigger the MAPD disenrollment.

Do the Med Supp for 7/1. Tell client to get his drugs prior to 7/1. Enroll him with current list for Part D. If new doc changes anything, enroll in a new Part D for 8/1. He's still within the days.

Or just enroll him on whats he on and tell him its only for 6 months.

Why?

The Med Supp is GI based on the move. It will trigger the MAPD disenrollment.

Do the Med Supp for 7/1. Tell client to get his drugs prior to 7/1. Enroll him with current list for Part D. If new doc changes anything, enroll in a new Part D for 8/1. He's still within the days.

Or just enroll him on whats he on and tell him its only for 6 months.

If indeed he was moving then I agree. But there was nothing said about changing his residence address.

This really isn't as complicated as the OP thinks.

Rick

He got guaranteed issue as a result of t65 in July. So the GI med supp will trigger the MA disenrollment? That's what I was hoping but my upline said I needed to enroll him in part D to trigger disenrollment or write a letter to the MA company if he doesn't enroll in part D by 7/1 ( He's been at this for 10 yrs).

My concern was He currently has insurance in Mexico and pays about $300 opp for his monthly meds versus $3000 to $4000 here in the US. I plugged in his meds and was able to translate most using drugs.com international database. Still couldn't find about 5.

Thanks for the help and responses.

So, he has been on Disability Medicare and is now a T65 7.1.18? Send in the Part D app now for 7.1.18. I would have him verbally call his MA company and disenroll. Enroll in Med Supp for 7.1.18.

This would have been so much simpler had we known he was T65.

I stand by my suggestion that he should speak with an agent more knowledgeable about Medicare.

Rick
Agreed. The beneficiary needs better help. By incorrectly using the term Guaranteed Issue instead of Open Enrollment the OP left every experienced agent who might be helpful believing it was not – – could not – – be a turning 65 person.

Back