Best Top of the Line MD

jcc

Self-employed, 40 yrs old, soon to be married. No health issues, clean health record, physically active, non-smoker etc.

Simply put, I'm looking to find the best health insurance I can buy for the long term. Let me clarify what I mean by best:

The least exclusions, and the least weasel language. A financially strong company of course. Looking for the ability to choose the best doctors and hospitals in the U.S should any future health conditions arise and to get the best payment of their rates. The broadest coverage for health care. Best coverage, best actual payment of claims record, least restrictive prescription drug formulary etc. Company that allows me to get the best quality care possible. I care less about routine things (but of course a plan that offers good benefits here is part of the equation).

I have been with Amica for the last few years, in their "best" plan. I have been reading some not so favorable reports, including in the bad faith insurance rankings.

Thoughts on Coventry, Human, and Aetna? Is there anyone better?
Cost is secondary. Not sure if it matters once the health care act comes in to play, but I'm thinking maybe it does...

Thanks for any input.

Jason

Latest posts

Back