Best video I’ve seen from medicarians on the cms new rules

seems they put out a new video and more in agreement with many of the fmo's are saying

Nobody knows until carriers get clarification from cms and come to there own formats . We should know within a few weeks . There’s no questions the total overrides will be less if allowed . With no help of money from carriers directly to agents or indirectly threw fmos . Most avg to high producing agents were getting marketing money , money from carriers , swag and enrollment software . In some form the fmo will now have to formulate a way to give the agent some of that out of his overrides . If not there’s zero incentive to be under and a particular fmo . Just like an agent making 100% fe will jump fmos for 120% . Same thing happens here .

Just added this podcast to my podcast feed - seems like a good one.

Have only listened to the initial episode that you had recommended at start of this thread, and I mostly agree other than the "if you think it's a raise then you probably weren't producing" - I'd simply modify that as some of us who have produced were simply not within hierarchies that shared. Maybe that's on us...

And I do think that the renewal aspect is missed by many who are discussing it from the agent perspective - sure, maybe only $50 - but a 6-10 year trail, that's $300/$500 extra per client in comp paid over time. That's significant.

Have only listened to the initial episode that you had recommended at start of this thread, and I mostly agree other than the "if you think it's a raise then you probably weren't producing" - I'd simply modify that as some of us who have produced were simply not within hierarchies that shared. Maybe that's on us...

And I do think that the renewal aspect is missed by many who are discussing it from the agent perspective - sure, maybe only $50 - but a 6-10 year trail, that's $300/$500 extra per client in comp paid over time. That's significant.
That comment from him irked me too.

There’s no questions the total overrides will be less if allowed . With no help of money from carriers directly to agents or indirectly threw fmos .
It's possible that the interpretation is going to be that carrier cannot pay agents more than $100 in extra comp not based on enrollment but, they can pay FMO's that way and the FMO's can still operate as they have been.

That line about how the relationship between carriers and TPMO's remains unchanged makes me think the FMO's will not have any change and the carriers will funnel all of their $$ through the FMO's and not give any directly to agent.

Correct the $50 is yr after yr so yes it’s like $4.20 a month . You have 1000 on books that’s $4200 a month .

It's possible that the interpretation is going to be that carrier cannot pay agents more than $100 in extra comp not based on enrollment but, they can pay FMO's that way and the FMO's can still operate as they have been.

That line about how the relationship between carriers and TPMO's remains unchanged makes me think the FMO's will not have any change and the carriers will funnel all of their $$ through the FMO's and not give any directly to agent.

So if that’s the case what’s my incentive as a high producing agent to be with a specific fmo if you provide with me with nothing of monetary value nor pay for my software? I don’t need your training . Sure you can bring new agents in and train them and they become loa’s .Why do they need the fmo paying millions a yr to? Every carrier has 2-8 regionals on the ground . They could expand that to 30 regionals per state to handle all training,licensing etc . They save $10’s of millions a yr .So what you’re saying is the agent gets screwed and the guys overriding are untouched ? What about the mga’s and ga’s ? No way they can override. If that’s the case all they did is screw the agent

So if that’s the case what’s my incentive as a high producing agent to be with a specific fmo if you provide with me with nothing of monetary value nor pay for my software? I don’t need your training . Sure you can bring new agents in and train them and they become loa’s .Why do they need the fmo paying millions a yr to? Every carrier has 2-8 regionals on the ground . They could expand that to 30 regionals per state to handle all training,licensing etc . They save $10’s of millions a yr .So what you’re saying is the agent gets screwed and the guys overriding are untouched ? What about the mga’s and ga’s ? No way they can override. If that’s the case all they did is screw the agent

why does that not make sense?

isn't it always the independent agent that gets hurt by regulations and the lager companies that get away with everything

seems to me this has been the pattern for years

Latest posts

Back