Best way to call internet leads

Internet leads are only as good as the person making the call. Here are a few tips... Call the number quickly after receiving the lead. If they do not answer hang up, do not leave a message. Wait 3 minutes and call back and you will be surprised to see how many pick up the phone to see who is calling. :biggrin: Most people have cell phones and will only pickup if they recognize the number or you call twice in a short time as I mentioned prior. I do not leave a message if no contact. I find when I do leave messages I will very rarely get a call back. When you do talk to them be friendly and tell them "I'm following up on an inquiry i recently received from you, it appears that you're trying to save money on your car insurance. I can help you!" Tell them " I have most of the information needed to give you a rate and i just need to ask you a few questions." Do not ask if they have time, or is it a good time to talk? I will run a rate before I call with the information I already have, this will save time and I will adjust as we talk. Also, if you have access to LexisNexis you will be able to see the claim history, drivers, current coverages and most important who the current carrier is and the correct xdate. I have found that most lead xdates are incorrect. There is a science to this and you have to have fun or you will burn out quick. Best times to call back after the initial calls is 9am-11am and 5-7pm. Good luck and let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

Last edited:
Internet leads are only as good as the person making the call. Here are a few tips... Call the number quickly after receiving the lead. If they do not answer hang up, do not leave a message. Wait 3 minutes and call back and you will be surprised to see how many pick up the phone to see who is calling. :biggrin: Most people have cell phones and will only pickup if they recognize the number or you call twice in a short time as I mentioned prior. I do not leave a message until my third call if no contact. I find when I do leave messages I will very rarely get a call back. When you do talk to them be friendly and tell them "I'm following up on an inquiry i recently received from you, it appears that you're trying to save money on your car insurance. I can help you!" Tell them " I have most of the information needed to give you a rate and i just need to ask you a few questions." Do not ask if they have time, or is it a good time to talk? I will run a rate before I call with the information I already have, this will save time and I will adjust as we talk. Also, if you have access to LexisNexis you will be able to see the claim history, drivers, current coverages and most important who the current carrier is and the correct xdate. I have found that most lead xdates are incorrect. There is a science to this and you have to have fun or you will burn out quick. Best times to call back after the initial calls is 9am-11am and 5-7pm. Good luck and let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

Thanks, this is really helpful.

I'm sure I am sounding like a broken record here, but I would take the money you spend on a handful of internet leads, and invest it in educating yourself on properly asking for referrals. Less expensive leads, easier sale, higher close rate, better retention, etc. I've heard great things about Sandy Schussel's program.

Or you can keep doing it the hard and expensive way. Whatever, up to you.

Latest posts

Back